1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Issue regarding wireless.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by woodyTUH, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Hey hey,
    I recently bought a samson Airline bass wireless.
    I was forever falling over the lead or the guitarists were stepping on it. Time for wireless i thought..

I found a decent priced unit on the net so bought it..I used it in practice no bother, even used it for a gig (which was immense fun)

But i tried to use it at another gig the other week and i started getting this disgusting distorted "warble" for want of a better word. the only way i get rid of it is by cutting the volume to the point i cant hear it.

I use a EBMM stingray into an SVT 4 pro and SVT 610 HLF.

I tried replacing the battery in the unit and the bug but it still gives this awful sound. The cable alternative makes everything sound find but i dont like the cables (im in a melodic power metal band and we move alot)

Any ideas what i could do?

Cheers

2. Anyone got any ideas what i could do to fix it?

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Get a better wireless?

4. Howlin' Hanson

Howlin' Hanson Lighter cabs, please.

Sep 3, 2007
    Austin TX
    If it was quiet in your practice room, was there anything different at the gig that could have created interference?

High tension lines nearby?

Flourescent lighting?

Jive1 passing gas after White Castle gourmet dining? :D

When you returned to the practice room did the noise quit? Time for some practical science experiments....