Dismiss Notice

Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, get alerts, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Issue with Yorkville 200 watt bass amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by transition11, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Haven’t used this amp for anything but practice at low volume for a few years and it’s been good for that. I tried playing louder and it started make very unpleasant crackling, rattling sounds, this is with the volume and scoop (which is like gain) both up around 5 or more. It’s a bassmaster xm200 which I got used about 10 years ago. Don’t think it’s my bass or the patch cords because I use both with other amps and don’t have this problem. From the reading I’ve done it sounds like it might be the jacks in the amp and a possible solution might be to open it up and inspect the jacks, either re-solder or replace them.

Anyone have any comments or other possible tests, solutions? Thanks.

2. MakoMan

MakoMan

Oct 17, 2011
    I had the same issue with an old Peavey TKO65. Took it into Musi-Tec in the West Island of Montreal (near Dorval Airport) and they replaced both input jacks. At the same time I had them replace the worn out power cord with a 3 prong input that would accept a modern power cord. It was very inexpensive and I would highly recommend their work.

3. Register_To_Disable

4. Well, I would have suggested the jacks but I see you all have that base thoroughly covered.

5. That's good to know, thanks MakoMan.