Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

It´s mine. Only mine. 4001v63

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jock, Jun 10, 2003.

1. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I just got home with a mint 4001v63 and it was love at first sight. The quality of this thing is amazing (up in the Fender customshop class IMO). And the fireglo finish takes my breath away. The horseshoe pickup can almost put a MM pickup to shame. It´s that fat but still really defined.
    I just have to adjust the stringhight to my specs and this will be a real player. This is probably one of really few of these basses in Sweden so I feel really blessed right now.
    And sorry no pics yet.
    I still love my Fender P, though. But it wont get much playtime now.
    Looks like this but my headstock is turned the right way:
    [​IMG]

2. Please don't take this personally...but I HATE YOU...however this situation could easily be resolved if you were to GIVE ME your Ric, which is obviously a terrible bass anyway. :D

Does your Ric have a sister?

Enjoy your bass (but if you don't GIVE IT TO ME!)

GIVEITTOME!GIVEITTOME!GIVEITTOME!GIVEITTOME!GIVEITTOME!GIVEITTOME!GIVEITTOME!GIVEITTOME!

3. Did I mention, it's a well known fact that the climate in Sweden is very BAD for Rickenbacker basses(especially Fireglow 4001v63s). The climate in Sunny Scotland is much better...

Trust me i'm a Doctor!

4. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Thank you.:rolleyes: :D
    BTW there is an other used v63 in Germany if your interested. At www.station-music.de under used basses. Check it out. Its Mapleglo though and has no hardcase. But these are great basses and rare.
    :bassist:

5. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Not knowing anything about 'Ric's: What year is it?

6. AAARRRGGGHHH!! G.A.S. ATTACK.

If my wife beats me to death with the frying pan its all your fault.:D

7. ::Monty Python voice on::

You lucky, lucky bastard!

::Monty Python voice off::

:D

Beautiful bass. I once had a chance to buy one, too bad I let it get away.

8. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Sweet! Ricks are great basses - have fun!

9. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Its a reissue of a 63 Rickenbacker 4001 made in 97. So it´s only 6 years and has got the upgraded neck (changed in the 80´s I think) so it can be used with roundwounds without any trouble.

10. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    Gotta love those Ric's. Do send off to ric fot the "Ric O sound splitter box, It is alot of fun.
    here is my 4003 Jet Glo. [​IMG]

11. Sweet bass but it's a 4001C64 not a v63. I believe this model is based on the RIC that Macca played. I actually had a 4001v43 in Fireglo that was really sweet. RIC makes great stuff.

Congrats and Enjoy!

Edit: Sorry Jock. I just read your post about the bass being a 97. I believe that RIC made a McCartney special edition (similar to when they issued the Chris Squire model). Maybe its a Macca model since they had the reverse headstock. A beautiful bass regardless!

12. YOU STOLE GEDDY'S BASSES!!! :D

Now, where are the Wal's ?!?

13. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    I only know where the red Wal is, a freind of mine bought it off e-bay a while back, when it came in he showed it to me, came in a flight case with a spare bridge cover autographed by geddy.
    he lives in the same town as me, ST.Pete Fla.:)

14. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    The v63 has completely other electronics. It´s mono only. And there is also the toaster and horseshoe pups. Sound much better IMO than the 78 4001 I owned once. This one is more Fendery fat if I might say so. Nails that Macca sound.

15. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    that's 4003, sorry about the typo, it's early here. who is macca ?;)

16. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Macca is short for Paul McCartney. Sorry bout that.:)

17. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    Thanx, my bad. funny how everytime I pick up my Ric I always play the riff from Day tripper to warm up.:)

18. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I always play the Taxman riff.:)
    Got to love it. :p

19. I can't read this. Take it away ...! Now I have to order one all the way from Japan, but who cares ...

Congratulations, Jock! :D

20. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Yeh, thanks. I know how you feel.:(
    Buy the one in Germany at station-music.de!