1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

It’s not quite Mothman caliber, buuuuut..

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BurtMacklinFBI, Dec 11, 2018.

1. BurtMacklinFBI

BurtMacklinFBI Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2018
    I give you The Ogre!

2EA272DA-D12E-44CF-BFA4-2ABFF714C2F3.

I don’t actually know anything about it yet other than it’s a distortion pedal of some kind. The horns are knobs, and the eyes light up when the pedal is engaged. I haven’t played with it yet, but for the $40 I paid for it it’s worth it if it just sits on a shelf and looks sick.

If I suddenly stop posting, you’ll know that The Ogre has awoken and carried me back to it’s Mothman master for blood sacrifice.

DirtyDuke, MonetBass and Nunovsky like this.
  2. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    Okay. That’s pretty sick.

Hurry up and review it before I buy a paperweight too.

3. Skeezix

Skeezix

Sep 28, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    I want one too!!!!!:bassist:

4. BurtMacklinFBI

Apr 3, 2018
    I’m stuck working a double tomorrow, but Thursday I should be able to post a review. If I survive until then.

5. DDXdesign

DDXdesign formerly 'jammadave' Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Ogre pedals have a whole bunch like this - that one is the Thunderclap. They also have one that looks like an alien head, and one that looks like a robot or space-helmet type head, and at one point they had one that was like a lion head or something. What a cool casing, but no idea if they're any good, or good with bass.

6. BurtMacklinFBI

Apr 3, 2018
    I looked up a demo on YouTube last night and the Thunderclap sounds like a pretty typical metal distortion. A good one, but I’m guessing it won’t be much for bass. More tomorrow when I can put this silly thing through it’s paces.

7. DDXdesign

DDXdesign formerly 'jammadave' Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Right on! At the very least it could be good with a Bloop or LS2 if you must have a gothic doorknocker on board (and who wouldn't!) =0)

8. AlexanderB

AlexanderB

Feb 25, 2007
    Sweden
    Weeeeellll???? :hyper::whistle: