1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

It’s on its way!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kipp Harrington, Dec 15, 2018.

1. I FINALLY made a decision on a new bass. Should be getting it Monday or Tuesday but can’t open it until Christmas! Lol. I am totally “Jazzed” (pun intended). Here it is:

Lakland Skyline DJ4

Attached Files:

Crusher47, petch, Low84 and 11 others like this.
  2. PockySteve

PockySteve Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2018
    Pennsylvania USA
    SO Nice -Awesome Bass!! Congratulations! Pics when it arrives, please.

3. Scottgun

Scottgun

Jan 24, 2004
    South Carolina
    What's that color called? Daphne blue?

Edit: nvm. Lake Placid Blue :)

4. Thank you! Sooooooo looking forward to it. Read a plethora of outstanding reviews.

5. Yeah... the pics posted on Sweetwater make it look pretty washed out. Like Ice Blue Metallic.

6. JACink

JACink

Mar 9, 2011
    Spain
    So this is a NNBYD (No New Bass Yet Day)?

:D

Having to wait will make it even more special :thumbsup:

7. JLY

JLY Supporting Member Supporting Member

Excellent choice
    Have fun with it!

8. Thank you! It’s nice to hear that I have support in my decision. I think Lakland is a very “overlooked” company. Reading so many reviews regarding the craftsmanship and attention to detail, it’s really a no brainer. I can’t wait to strap that thing on and experience Lakland quality!

Spidey2112 likes this.
  9. Yay!!!

Spidey2112 likes this.
  10. Scottgun

Scottgun

Jan 24, 2004
    South Carolina
    Fender bias?

11. TerenceE

TerenceE Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2015
    I had a 55-01 that played like butter and sounded amazing....then I realized I’m a 4 string guy...

Wish I had one of those bad boys!

12. growlypants

growlypants

Nov 10, 2012
    Atlanta
    Now, that's a pretty bass!

Spidey2112 likes this.
  13. Huh?

14. I’m really happy!

15. Thank you! I guess it plays as pretty as it looks. The necks on Laklands are supposed to be incredible!

16. Congrats! Man, that's gonna be a long week, like a little boy waiting for xmas

Low84 likes this.
  17. Scottgun

Scottgun

Jan 24, 2004
    South Carolina
    I was asking if you thought that Lakland gets overlooked because people have a Fender bias. That is, they look at a J bass and dismiss it because it doesn't have the Fender logo.

18. Ahhh... probably so. Never really thought about that. Good point.

19. bassman10096

bassman10096

Jul 30, 2004
    MKE
    I finally got an LPB DJ4 last summer. Better J bass than any I’ve ever played plus more tonal range. Beautiful fit and finish. The neck is really comfortable, Pleked fretwork intonates and plays very evenly and easy. You will really like this bass. Good luck.

20. Wow! I haven’t heard anything bad about these basses! In fact, nothing but outstanding reports and reviews from people. So looking forward to it. Thank you!