1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

it ain't Christmas til there's a Santa's wish list thread... 2018/19 edition

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bass V, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Bass V

Bass V

Dec 11, 2008
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    if we're fortunate to wallow in bass luv then our wishes have been granted into the obscene, we can only spread the joy all year 'round as best we can. now that the turkey high has worn off a bit what would could should make this season of bass cheer the best holiday capper ever when looking under the tree? is there a special groove machine or new / vintage gear being desperately hoped for? maybe even expected? lol or far better yet, the gift of bass being given to someone deserving?
    stocking stuffers! voodoo pedals, magic cables, cosmic cleaners, string things, make it fit!

I've been focused on my own wish list priorities all year but if Santa wanted to drop off an actual Wishbass with my name on it that be cool, he knows I want a Claw model in walnut but I'll settle for world peace.

2. Bass V

Bass V

Dec 11, 2008
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    looks like Santa will be dropping off this minty '83 Ibby RB620 tomorrow in a straight swap for my PRS SE Soapbar II (awesome $300 6er btw, which I can recoup all day) but nailing one of these squarehead thumpers for no cash at holiday time is special enuf to sacrifice the PRS. I envision a refin to vintage 2 tone burst since this grain ain't so special, and we'll see how she looks with her guard off... ;) but as is will do for now!
    upload_2018-12-1_13-10-26.

deernaes, G-Z, B-Mac and 5 others like this.
  3. Bass V

Bass V

Dec 11, 2008
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    upload_2018-12-20_19-38-23.

JRA, Marko 1, two fingers and 5 others like this.
  4. mouthmw

mouthmw

Jul 19, 2009
    Croatia
    I seem to always do my bass buys/swaps around a month before Christmas, so I'm good, so no wish list now :D In fact, I'm gonna try to do my New Year's resolution for 2019 - no bass purchases. But I'm super happy with what I have now and it serves all my needs.

Bass V likes this.
  5. I'd love to get one of the new Musicmans Vs... However, this year there's only a pedal in my Wishlist haha

Bass V likes this.
  6. catcauphonic

catcauphonic High Freak of the Low Frequencies Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Seattle WA
    Maaan, I'm not the biggest fan of natural anything, but that P with the matte black PG looks really really sweet to me as it is. The stock matches the body and the neck even looks pretty dang close from the photo. Good for you:thumbsup:

I've been pretty good this year myself, but apparently not good enough to have the fat man in red bring me a Ric 4003, nor a backup T-bird shape thing (old Gibson? Sweet! But no. Not even one of the newer Epis in Alpine White... maybe sometime next year on that.)

Oh yea, it looks like i'll finally put the last small stack of green in our drummer's hand for that vintage V4-B ('74?) I've been playing thru these past few years. (I tried to talk him down reminding him how much use it had on it since then, but he wasn't falling for it) :p Scrooge!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    Bass V likes this.
  7. Oddly

Oddly Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    Honestly, and I know this is practically sacrilege here, but I am completely content with my current bass/amplification set-up.

So, what I want is the phone numbers of a pair of really good soul singers, one male, one female, also a saxplayer, trumpeter, drummer and a guitarist who all are willing and available to get my dream soul revue band up and running.

Also, world peace.:)

btmpancake, JRA and Bass V like this.
  8. Nashrakh

Nashrakh

Aug 16, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    All I want for Christmas is you.

Old Blastard likes this.
  9. Old Blastard

Old Blastard

Aug 18, 2013
    Virginia
    You had me at want.

Seriously, bought an Epiphone Embassy Pro on 20 percent off back in November. Should be here in February so it's sort of a Valentines Day present. It's red and sort of heart-shaped.

Sort of.

Bass V likes this.
  10. upload_2018-12-21_7-50-35.

catcauphonic, Bass V and G-Z like this.
  11. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I have a Yamaha BB735A in black waiting for me at FedEx right now.

There’s also a Yamaha TRBX605FM at my local dealer that I’ve played several times over the past couple weeks. I’m seriously considering trading some unused gear towards it today.

Bass V likes this.
  12. B-Mac

B-Mac Sorting Things Out Supporting Member

I'm taking a break until after Christmas.

Bass V likes this.
  13. Bass V

Bass V

Dec 11, 2008
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    lol thanx, you just convinced me to keep'r natural out of respect for being so awesome, a truly great P.
    you've got fine taste, I'd be all over your wish list and an old Gibson EB is happening next year for me.
    all the best, to everybody!

catcauphonic likes this.
  14. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Accidental double post.

15. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Accidental triple post. Sorry.

16. Crusher47

Crusher47 Tattoo'ed Freak Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Fort Worth, TX
    Christmas came early for me, just got this one not too long ago....Bought this for myself
    2ITGDKs.

My wife got me this one:
    QbTqsGM.

B-Mac and PillO like this.
  17. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

that sounds so grownup....i don't believe you! :laugh:

me too. ;)

B-Mac, Oddly and PillO like this.
  18. B-Mac

B-Mac Sorting Things Out Supporting Member

That looks like it is in really great shape!
    Did they originally come with a BadAss bridge?

19. Bass V

Bass V

Dec 11, 2008
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    it is! she definitely got played but well cared for.
    I wondered that too and no, they came with the standard bent Fender-ish plate so... CHI CHING lol
    for anyone wanting a dreamy creamy classic P bass this bargain beauty fills the bill.