...it figures...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jasonbraatz, Aug 2, 2002.

1. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    go into the local music-go-round today again, and theres a used goliath senior there. it wasn't there 2 days ago so i ask about it.

it got there an hour before i did.

and they're selling it for $500.

i almost cried right there :( :mad: :( :mad:
  2. Well, how much should it go for?
  3. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    So... how 'bout a phone number for that store?:D :p
  4. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    i paid $900 for mine new.

and it's the music go round in madison wi - ithink www.musicgoround.com has numbers for all the stores.
  5. Man, that sucks. I bought a Goliath Sr. when they had just come out, in the fall of '96. LOVED the cab, but a year later I got a job out of the country and decided to sell it. I placed an ad in the paper for about a month before I left and got no takers (probably so new people didn't know much about a 6X10). In the end, I took it back to the store where I bought it a year earlier (It was in great condition with very little wear on the bottom corners) and the bastards gave me $450 for it. There wasn't much I could do at the time. I feel your pain, man.

Can you take the one you bought back and get a refund?
    If not, just think about it this way - it'll pay for itself in the long haul and although you ended up paying more than this deal you found later, it's totally worth it.

I would buy a Sr. again if I was gigging. I've actually downgraded from a Sr. to a regular Goliath to a pair of Goliath Jr.s
  6. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    why don't you take yours back.. and tell them you've changed your mind... then go get that one for $500...
  7. Freakapotamus9

Jun 20, 2001
    worth a shot..
  8. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    i could only return it for store credit. plus i did it thru financing so it'd be a PITA. PLUS i really like the salesperson who sold it to me and i don't want to affect him at all.

i mean - i only tried it out at low volumes, the speakers COULD have been tired, i mean it could be up to 3 years old...i suppose having NEW speaker cabinets is a nice thing right? i mean i wasn't exactly NICE to mine, so who knows what other people are like with 'em, right? right? :(

that place is the ultimate temptation tho. they have a Demeter VTBP-01 for $350, a brand new G&L L2000 with a flame top for 850, and a REALLY nice corvette standard for $650.
  9. Why not just buy the other Goliath Snr anyway?

Visions of The Grateful Dead's "Wall of Sound" spring to mind...... :D
  10. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    Damn! All of the Music-Go-Rounds near me only have worthless crap and Marshall amps...:D
  11. When I decided to get a new cab I was looking everywere for SWR, and the only place around here that sells it was a Mars, and they are a pain to deal with. So I decided to stay with Ampeg, and bought a brand new 8x10. I bought it about a month ago. Now, just a week ago I go into a store and they have a SWR Megoliath (8x10) that is in perfect condition on consignment for $699. I was kind of angry. Oh well, I have a good warranty on my cab. They also have a newer used SVT Classic head for $899.