1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

...it figures...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jasonbraatz, Aug 2, 2002.

1. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    go into the local music-go-round today again, and theres a used goliath senior there. it wasn't there 2 days ago so i ask about it.

it got there an hour before i did.

and they're selling it for $500.

i almost cried right there :( :mad: :( :mad:

2. Well, how much should it go for?

3. iplaybass

iplaybass

Feb 13, 2000
    Houston, TX
    So... how 'bout a phone number for that store?:D :p

4. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    i paid $900 for mine new.

and it's the music go round in madison wi - ithink www.musicgoround.com has numbers for all the stores.

5. Man, that sucks. I bought a Goliath Sr. when they had just come out, in the fall of '96. LOVED the cab, but a year later I got a job out of the country and decided to sell it. I placed an ad in the paper for about a month before I left and got no takers (probably so new people didn't know much about a 6X10). In the end, I took it back to the store where I bought it a year earlier (It was in great condition with very little wear on the bottom corners) and the bastards gave me $450 for it. There wasn't much I could do at the time. I feel your pain, man.

Can you take the one you bought back and get a refund?
    If not, just think about it this way - it'll pay for itself in the long haul and although you ended up paying more than this deal you found later, it's totally worth it.

I would buy a Sr. again if I was gigging. I've actually downgraded from a Sr. to a regular Goliath to a pair of Goliath Jr.s

6. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    why don't you take yours back.. and tell them you've changed your mind... then go get that one for $500...

7. Freakapotamus9

Freakapotamus9

Jun 20, 2001
    Nebraska
    worth a shot..

8. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    i could only return it for store credit. plus i did it thru financing so it'd be a PITA. PLUS i really like the salesperson who sold it to me and i don't want to affect him at all.

i mean - i only tried it out at low volumes, the speakers COULD have been tired, i mean it could be up to 3 years old...i suppose having NEW speaker cabinets is a nice thing right? i mean i wasn't exactly NICE to mine, so who knows what other people are like with 'em, right? right? :(

that place is the ultimate temptation tho. they have a Demeter VTBP-01 for $350, a brand new G&L L2000 with a flame top for 850, and a REALLY nice corvette standard for $650.

9. Why not just buy the other Goliath Snr anyway?

Visions of The Grateful Dead's "Wall of Sound" spring to mind...... :D

10. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    Damn! All of the Music-Go-Rounds near me only have worthless crap and Marshall amps...:D

11. When I decided to get a new cab I was looking everywere for SWR, and the only place around here that sells it was a Mars, and they are a pain to deal with. So I decided to stay with Ampeg, and bought a brand new 8x10. I bought it about a month ago. Now, just a week ago I go into a store and they have a SWR Megoliath (8x10) that is in perfect condition on consignment for $699. I was kind of angry. Oh well, I have a good warranty on my cab. They also have a newer used SVT Classic head for $899.

jtbp