Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

It has begun...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Frank Martin, Apr 19, 2005.

1. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    A few minutes ago, I saw the first attack against Firefox.
    It was disguised as the Firefox wizard, and was about breaches in security, and how to make Firefox more secure.
    What was suspicious that Firefox does not do this kind of things; also, there still was the line at the bottom, where it shows where a link points - and it was even more suspicious.
    So guys and girls, watch out. I think there's more to come, and not just this simple little one. :rollno:

2. I don't really like firefox. I do some web design and I always have some problems with it.

3. Firefox is really my last refuge. They had better get on these problems really fast.

4. kegbarnacle

kegbarnacle

Nov 18, 2003
    Phoenix
    It's still infinitely more secure than IE. Not sure if you're using IE though.....

5. lowrez

lowrez no.

Nov 27, 2004
    New Englandish
    as for issues with web design with it... it is because you probably aren't writing compliant code. Firefox is written from the standards where IE makes their own.

6. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    yup yup! I've noticed that Opera/Firefox are more of "what you put in (code wise) is what you'll get out (visual wise).", so if you put in something that isn't going to work, they'll be sure to show it, where as I.E. seems to be more forgiving and has more room for error....just in my short expirence though ;).

Ray