1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

It is time..

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Krissinn, May 12, 2011.

1. Krissinn

Krissinn

May 12, 2011
    Iceland
    .. for me to tell you something about me.

I am from Iceland. I dont play wierd music!

I want to learn to play good, I play fine, but I want to play good.

50 years ago, they didnt have the internet, so I am going to take advantage of that and try too learn something from what I got.

Now, I have played bass for like maybe 6 months or more, but actully with some large breaks, but in those breaks I was playing acoustic guitar. Anyways, I am going to count up most the songs I have been having fun playing for the past few weeks:

The Beatles - Let it be
    Gnarls Barkley - Crazy
    Pink - Just like a pill
    Pink - Family Potrait
    Micheal Jackson - Billie Jean
    Katy Perry - Fireworks
    Justin Bieber - Baby
    The Cranberries - Zombie

This aint my taste in music, but when I play I want something too let me dance with the sound of the bass.

I want too know what I should be playing, but I cant figure it out. I know I want too play soft rock, funk, blues or well jazz. But I don't know where too start, what songs are amazing for beginners. What will get my skill level to some higher level.

Can you tell me what too play?

And there's another thing, I have trained too much with a pick, I have too start using my fingers, but every time I do, I only use the "f*#k" finger. My bass line gets all messed up if I think about all the other fingers. So I have been using pick mostly or when I am not training for a song, I just have fun and beat the living sh1t out of the bass, trying to get the best feeling of the sound of the bass. Well I don't beat it literally, but I just like to slam bass! Yeah that is a good name for this kind of style!

Anyways, hope I made some sense. I am from Iceland, I said it in the top of this message. So I know you guys didn't take me serious.

Hope I get some feedback,

Krissinn

2. PazzoBasso

PazzoBasso

Jan 21, 2011
    YYZ
    "Justin Bieber" - too much information... we didn't need to know that...

Definitely use the internet & if you can find a good teacher, you'll learn alot...

most importantly - have fun (you already got that part working for you)...

3. Krissinn

Krissinn

May 12, 2011
    Iceland
    Yeah well I just like to play Justin Bieber

4. bassthumpersf

bassthumpersf

May 30, 2010
    Try "If You Want Me To Stay" by
    Sly & The Family Stone
    One long dance with the bass.

5. Krissinn

Krissinn

May 12, 2011
    Iceland
    Will do, thank you very much. :)

6. Learn "How Many Times" by Led Zeppelin. It's one of the most groovin' basslines and easy to play too.

7. Krissinn

Krissinn

May 12, 2011
    Iceland
    Can't wait to go home and play this! Looked it up, sounds great.

8. uethanian

uethanian

Mar 11, 2007
    well that's a first :D

there's nothing wrong with using one finger if that's what comes naturally to you. but if you want to develop the standard two-finger technique, practice alternating strokes – index, middle, index, middle, index, etc. concentrate on getting them even. play with a metronome and try to keep this going at different tempos. it isn't very exciting, but once this becomes natural you will progress much faster.

9. Krissinn

Krissinn

May 12, 2011
    Iceland
    Well I have been making some basic drum beats in fruity loops and playing with the beat. I use metronome while I am creating the beat, is that enough? Or is it better to use only the metronome?

And yes. I am the first not playing wierd music from Iceland. I guess that makes me a little strange.

10. you aren't actually from iceland then, are you? ;)

11. Krissinn

Krissinn

May 12, 2011
    Iceland
    Well, I guess not 0_0

12. I suggest learning some Rush songs. Geddy Lee rocks the bass hard, but the riffs are simple enough to get good with and get some great faster song practice as well. Without having a bass teacher though, I would also suggest just jamming. Let your fingers roam and listen to what you come up with on your own. Good luck!

BTW...Iceland rocks! Nearly had plans to move there years ago, but stuff happens and takes you elsewhere. Would love to visit one of these years though.

13. Krissinn

Krissinn

May 12, 2011
    Iceland
    Yeah, it is very nice here.

Dude, this summer is perfect for you. The best band from Iceland is having a reunion this summer here in Iceland, QUARASHI! YouTube it ;)