1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

It seems Red Witch may have gone under

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by markjazzbassist, Jun 26, 2007.

1. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    I ordered a Pentavocal Tremolo from Musictoyz a little more than 2 weeks ago. I have sent emails to MT and called them and they finally got back to me today. They said that they have been calling (line got disconected) and emailing (no reply) Red Witch for weeks trying to get pedals from them, but they haven't responded. Musictoyz sent me an email saying they think that Red Witch might have gone under, they refunded my money as well.

This stinks. Now I gotta figure out another Tremolo and Phaser pedal. Oh well, the hunt continues.

2. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    Maybe try the Empress tremolo. Its getting rave reviews.

Lots of good Phasers out there. I am actually quite satisfied with my True bypass modded Phase90. It sounds delicious!

3. Well, I'm looking at the Retro-Sonic Phaser. It seems like a very quality pedal, plus it has the most features I've ever seen in such a small package.

There are plenty of good trems out there. What about the Cusak Tap-A-Whirl?

4. fishtx

fishtx

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
  5. markjazzbassist

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    im thinking about getting a Subdecay Quasar for my Phaser (since the RW Moon Phaser is Ghandi) and holding off on the trem for a little while.

The whole Red Witch thing kinda sucks though. I really wanted to give the Deluxe Moon Phaser and Pentavocal Tremolo a shot. Looks like they will be rare now.

6. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    You need a goatkeeper for your trem :D

7. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Well Tone Factor as blowing out the Nebula's and Sugar Baby's due to the brand change so that is something to consider but in saying that I just sold my Nebula as I'm only using the Quasar (I also really needed money for more pedals) I greatly prefered the Quasar to the Red Witch though I've not A/B'ed them the Quasar had me all a gasp and the Red Witch just made me think hmmmm shiny :D But with the blow out I might have to buy the Nebula again I really liked that phaser for those KISS/Plug and play moments

Nice to see Musictoyz customer service is as good as ever :scowl: with the whole 2 weeks to respond :rollno:

8. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :ninja: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

9. [​IMG]

:D

10. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    I posted this over at Tone Factor's Forum to see if anyone there knew anything.

I'll post the comments that they give over there but I'm leaning to it being an issue with Musictoyz.

Tone Factor have the normal Red Witch phaser in you know minus the LED and Stereo or at least it looks like they do.

11. moogboy

moogboy Inactive

Mar 1, 2007
    Moog Artist in Rock/Pop 5th down
    well. that sucks donkey-weener.

i have several suggestions for the effects that you didnt get, if you are interested.

12. benevan

benevan Supporting Member

May 2, 2002
    Texas
    I suggest you get the Halophaze and the Powerglide from Tone Czar. They're chrome just like Red Witch units, although you might have to wait a while for delivery.

13. grygrx

grygrx Lookout! Here comes the Fuzz!

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    Toneczar isn't taking new Powerglide orders until the queue is cleared and he does some upgrades to the design.

14. Ron Now

Ron Now

Sep 3, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Endorsing Artist: Fuzzrocious Pedals
    I was gonna suggest the same thing.

15. markjazzbassist

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    mmmmm.....Toneczar.....mmmmmmmm

Yeah I wish I could get a bunch of Toneczar stuff, I'm just not into waiting more than 2 weeks for an effect. I'm impatient like that.:p

16. i've been looking into the empress trem for quite some time. i may just pull the trigger after i get paid on friday aswell.

and the quasar is an amazing phase shifter (atleast in my experience)

17. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Inactive

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    Perhaps a Guyatone VT-X tube tremelo?

18. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
  19. markjazzbassist

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
  20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021