Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

It turns out, I actually DO like fenders.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Brendan, Oct 13, 2000.

1. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    After having shopped around for about a quite a few months, I have come to a conclusion. But, First, you must realise I did NOT like Fenders that much. They were Ok, but not for me. After having shopped around, It turns out I like Fenders more consistantly. Yeah, I know, I'm a hypocrite :D actually, it's the necks (ergo "feel") I like. I'm not to hip on them as a whole yet, I still like my Ibanz GSR200 better than the SRs. Any of them, 400-800s. Weird huh? Like cheap Ibanez necks, Fender necks, but not much anything else about them (headstock, body, weight, colors, pickguard shape, ect.) Man, this makes bass shopping SOOOOO hard.

But! Ray of light! I still like the 7 String Conklins mucho mas. But still, it makes it hard to shop for my next bass...

2. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    I hope that I am not making it any more confusing...:)...
    but do you prefer Fender P, or J necks?

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    P's. J's are too thin. You know what's paniful? DeArmond Pilot 4 strings, the necks are so thin, it hurts my hands to play them I tried, but had to stop after about a minute That small. But I do like the P string spacing and neck shape better than the J's.

4. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    Yeah...I've never been a Fender person either, but I find myself being slowly drawn toward a P bass....:)

5. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Perhaps you should try new P American Deluxes, then.

6. I'm sayin' check out a Fender RB5 and experience a sythesis of Fender innovation.

7. Speaking of Fenders, does anyone know what the differences are between the retired american standard, and the replacements, the more expensive American series?