Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

It Was A _White_ Truck That Stopped By..

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tsal, Sep 6, 2002.

1. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    And dropped my new baby home!

[​IMG]

Peavey TVX-410 cab in 4ohms. Word of warning, this is a massive cab! At 98lbs it's not the easiest thing to drag around, but I have two able guitarists so it should help a bit :D

Haven't been able to fire it up yet, just threw it in my trunk to take it to our rehearsal place. My guitarist who has keys to the place is out of town today, so perhaps tomorrow. Now all there is to do is to find some rack ears for my Hartke 3500 and slap it in the rackbag that came with the cab.

2. Mara

Mara

Jan 11, 2001
    Finland
    Congrats! Let us now how it performs.

3. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Nice on Tsal - have fun!

4. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    tasty. those cabs sound great.. I do believe you will like it mucho :D

5. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    Get some casters. Nice cab

6. PEAVEY!!

Love it (well you gotta love peavey)

7. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Cool cab. I've played through one of those, and they sound very nice, and the Peavy Price doesn't hurt either!

8. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    hey thats my cab! i want it back! lol. actually i had my wife customize mine with cow skin. laugh all you want but it really looks snazzy!lol

9. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Ok, actually got to play with it last night for couple hours, not with the band though. Took me a while to figure out the Hartke's graphic eq, but I got sweet, punchy low-mids dialed in.

Our rehearsal place ain't the best venue though, it's just basicly narrow concrete box in cellar. And I think the Peavey needs bit more honking before the speakers open up. Going to play it with the band tomorrow so I'll be bit more able to comment on it after that.

Anyways, it's a cool box :cool:

10. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I'm sorry, you're not allowed to make a comment like that with out a picture attached. :)

11. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX

12. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
  13. handlax14

handlax14

Aug 13, 2002
    Connecticut
    if you find those ears for the Hartke head let me know where u gt them cause im gonna be looking to rackmount mine soon. thanx

orgasmdonor237@aol.com

pgk