It was a Bonnaroo kinda week...

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by DigMe, Apr 12, 2003.

1. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    So this week I was driving to this photographer's place up in Waco to pick up some engagement pics and I passed a Music Wherehouse that had "Store Closing" and "Sale!" signs all over it. I HAD to stop by there because I'd stopped at another one in the Houston area a few weeks back that was going out of business and I scored some good stuff.

So after I went to the photographer I stopped by there and they were advertising all music DVD's at 50% off. What did I stumble across?? The Bonnaroo double DVD! So when I took it up to the counter it ended up actually being more than 50% off and I ended up getting it (brand new) for 11.99! So that was sweet. I also got the Leo Kottke/Mike Gordon CD for 40% off.

Then on Thursday as I drove by the local K-Mart, that has been having a going out of business sale for about the last two months, I noticed that there were more cars in the parking lot than usual (I pass it everyday). I decided that indicated something good and I was right. I stopped and went in and all CD's there were also 50% off. What CD did I find? The Bonnaroo double CD! So I scored the DVD and the CD both at 50% off at two different places in the same week. Haven't watched the whole DVD yet but I've listened to the CD. It was pretty good, not spectacular but pretty good. The DVD is much cooler so far. First performance they showed was Col. Les Claypool's Flying Frog Brigade playing Thela Hun Ginjeet. They also show this band that consisted of a drummer, guitarist and tuba player that also seemed to be tweaking some kind of electronic setup. The song they were playing was awesome.

Ok..this post was way too long but I wanted to share that cool coincidence.

brad cook
  2. That's great....!

I watched "Live,Blood, Sweat, and Beers" this morning @ 0630 hrs...NIACIN, baby!
  3. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    What's that?

brad cook
  4. watspan

watspan Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    Bonaroo DVD is awesome! I love:
    Gov't Mule
    Les w/ Buckethead, Bernie and Brain
    N. Miss. Allstars
    Karl Denson

Post back after you've had some time and tell me if it's worth getting the cd if you already own the dvd--seems like a lot of redundancy to me
  5. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    I have the Bonaroo C.D.'s and DVD....great stuff! They just came out with a second Bonaroo C.D., with more very cool under the radar jam bands.
  6. And I was gonna ask YOU what a Bonaroo was....I figured Merlin saw one of the native animals from down under...

Niacin is Dennis Chambers, John Novello, and Billy Sheehan.....
  7. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    I watched the Bonnaroo DVD over Christmas break and it was simply amazing. I enjoyed it very much