Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

It was only $40

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by syciprider, Feb 16, 2006.

1. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    So I said why the heck not?

A Yammy "strat" SSH. It's the one that comes in those beginner packs. I figgered, welp, it's better than paying more for something I'll only use for figuring songs out.

2. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    No picture no guitar.:smug:

3. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
  4. steve21

steve21 Banned

not bad, yamaha pacificas are some of the best beginner guitars there are.

5. Good deal... I'm the same

I ended up with a craptastic fender starcaster (costco version), about 10 bucks but I had to put it back together. It was spray painted, pickgaurd duct-taped on (there are a bunch of mismatched screws there now), and some other minor things. I even set it on fire once, which did not do much damage.

Oddly enough, it sounds fantastic! I tend to get lucky with things like this, I bought a great condition BC Rich Warlock for $50...

old vintage banjo for $50

Johnson Jazz bass (fender ripoff), padded gig bag, 10 watt practice amp (useless to me), and strings for $20. I just had to fix some of the soldering on the inside to make it work...I've since converted it to fretless.

These finds are the main reason I can have all this crap, I've only paid what I should have for my Gretsch bass and 100 watt amp, and some accessories.
    I hope this keeps going for me...and may everyone find gear cheap! :D