It was simply...louder

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by caeman, Oct 22, 2011.

1. caeman

caeman The Root Master

Sep 17, 2008
    Ohio
    I sat down tonight to put in some practice before Sunday morning's go at church. It was a plain enough practice of 6 and 7 major chord arpeggios. I said to myself, "I wonder what would happen I plugged the bass into the Barber Launch Pad, straight to the mixer, then to my AT D40fs 'phones.

The result: It was simply louder. :)

You're maybe thinking, "Well, duh! It is a clean boost. What did you expect, fairies?"

Well, actually, yes, I kinda did. But that was because I was watching Netflix at the same time. No, it was simply my bass, just louder. I couldn't detect any coloration of my tone -- or the lack thereof.

I have a love-hate relationship with the Barber Launch Pad. I love the idea of +20db clean boost. I hate that I have nil use for it with either guitar or bass. Someday, I suppose, I may run two amps at once and make use of the two outputs. I suppose I could boost the signal before my de Lisle Eighty-Sixed tube overdrive into a tizzy of tube distortion.

I think this pedal qualifies as one the strangest pedal purchases I've made this year. I picked it up several months ago. Maybe I should build a second bass board, centered around transparentness. Pedals so clean, you cannot tell I am using pedals at all. :)

2. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Jan 27, 2010
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    Sounds like the perfect boost pedal to me.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021