Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

It was the best of times.(My meeting with CS)...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Blackbird, Apr 5, 2003.

1. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I got to meet up with CS today and it was great. (He's probably sleeping off the jet lag as I am writing this).

We went to the local GC and checked out a Marcus Miller bass (The bass impressed the hell out of me. Chris played a bit but confessed to not having a lot of "music store chops";) Coincidentally, my band's singer and lead guitarist were there and Chris got to meet them too.

From GC, we went to a store called Rocker Guitars which is just down the block. No major stories there. we just went to look. They had a nice 20 year anniversary Sterling, but the $2499 price tag failed to please.

Then, we went to my, and CS's favorite stop of the tour, Real Guitars, which contains a guitar store (one of the guys on staff has a gig lined up with Bobby Vega on bass - wanna go with, Jazzbo?), Dan Ransom's workshop (Ransom Guitars) and Gary Brawer's string repair shop. (Brawer is known for doing repair work for Joe Satriani). Funnily enough (not really, they told us they'd be there), we met my bandmates again. After leaving, they told me they joked that we were going to follow them to their next destination, which was Taqueria Cancun (keep that detail in the back of your mind, it'll come back to you in another thread) By then, CS's jet lag was getting the best of him so I delivered him safely back to his hotel room.

But what we did most was talk. Gigs, TBers and other stuff. I didn't know he had lessons with Steve Lawson. Great time all around.

Have a good time in CA, CS. It was nice meeting you. Sorry you can't be at our gig monday, but maybe we'll play in Luton Beds someday!;)

2. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Chris has my number. I hope he calls.

3. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    Jazzo I tried your'e number twice and it didn't work. Maybe I got it wrong. My last day in SF is tomorrow. I don't know if I'll get back on the net again in SF. Will has my hotel details/number. I tried to get online yesterday (sunday) but the hotel machine took my money and didnt connect.

Running out of time here.

4. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    Backbird/Will

Once again thanks for the guided tour of SF music shops. You forgot the G and L which was rather nice. I'm in an internet cafe in Bush. I'm trying to make your gig but I cannot guaruntee it.

I managed to stay awake until 7pm on sat but woke up at 3/4/5 then got fooled by daylight savings. In two days we have been to muir woods alcatraz pier 39 china town did a cable car trip and we are now off to lombard street.

I'll post again when I can.

5. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Chris and I hooked up last night. I'm kind of scared of the stories he'll tell! :eek: ;)

6. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    Your secret's safe with me (for a small fee of course).

Jazzo and I met up on Monday night for a drink in some jazz bar (figures).

I'm in Monterey now and cannot stay online for long. In fact...

7. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    How much did that band that night suck!!!? No wonder they played on Monday night.

Have fun in Monterey!

8. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    Monterey was ok, Cambria was quiet (everything shuts at 9PM) We are now in Carpentry or something just south of Santa Barbera.

The hotel is a West Bestern and has internet access in the room.