Italia Mondial Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by byrdsfan, Apr 19, 2004.

1. byrdsfan

Feb 9, 2004
    Still surfing ebay, what else are you going to do at work?
    I see a new Italia Mondial Bass with a buynow of $500.
    It gets a 10 from three reviewers on Harmony Central.
    They rave about its piezo pickup. To bad i already have two wierd looking basses. This would take the cake.
  2. The Italia basses are very cool. I played a couple at a local shop, and I had a very hard time putting them down. I'm in the same boat you are, though.. my Reverend has the "weird looking bass" thing covered, and it plays and sounds better than the Italia, IMO.
  3. bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    I've got the normal looking bass thing covered and the weird looking bass player thing aced! :D :D
  4. Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    No Bogus Endorsements
    I wanted to get one of these a couple of years back, but never really found a deal (US$500 +shipping is nothing great).

They also don't look anywhere near as good in real life or eBay photographs as they do on the ItaliaGuitars site.

My main worry is about intonating the bridge with different strings. The intonation is supposedly OK with the stock ones, but I can't see how a fixed piezo bridge is going to work with different types and gauges of strings.

Note that the "Mondial" estutcheon is missing from this one on eBay. What's that all about?
  5. I just made this page so you can get your own opinion:

I enjoy the bass. It’s not the greatest bass ever, but it’s a fun bass and handy to have around. Especially if you just want to noodle around in front of the TV since it’s easier to hear than a normal solid body.

I bought my Italia Mondial here from Jared at a good price. It came with nylon strings on it and I'm very content with the sound.
  6. Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    No Bogus Endorsements
    Link or address, please?
  7. Jared is a talk bass member that sold his (well his girlfriend's) bass through the sale section of this site.