Italia Mondial Bass

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by RS, Jun 12, 2005.

1. RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Italia Mondial Bass- black, VG cond (7.5), 34" scale Hollowbody bass with "acousticglass" top.

The bad:

The bass has two outs and two pickups. The piezo pickup sporatically farts out and makes an overdrive/buzz noise. Probably a simple fix but I am not skilled at troubleshooting electronics or soldering.

The trussrod cover is missing.

On turner is not original, but has been replaced with a quality though non OEM part.

The good:

Other than the electronic issue on the piezo, the humbucker works great is huge and thumpy. I have it strung with TI flats/groundwounds and it has some serious chug. Since it is a 34" scale, it isn't so loose sounding as a Gibby, but plenty of boom. It really is a fun bass to play.

I am looking for $225 and shipping, interesting trades considered. References available. Sold as is. Email with any additional questions.

See pics at:

kingcrimson2 at
  2. I played one of these in a guitar store a few months ago. Had a really cool sound, both acoustically and plugged in. Reminds me of Clive Bunker's bass sound on some Jethro Tull albums, got that hollowbody punch to it.

I've got an Italia Modulo but I liked the Mondial that I played much better.

(Little Bump for ya ;) )
  3. TheLarch

TheLarch Supporting Member