1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

SOLD Italia Mondial Classic semi-hollow with OHSC and extra pup

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by rogerbmiller, Sep 8, 2019.

1. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Price:
    Strings:
    PRICE DROPPED to $575 OBO

For sale is my Italia Mondial classic in white with the original hard shell case.

The Mondial is (I think) THE coolest bass made by Italia, a company that builds retro-cool basses designed by Trevor Wilkinson that pay homage to the innovative and iconic instruments that came from Europe decades ago. Like all Italias, the Mondial has that retro-future Continental vibe, but it is also abounds with cool features and great specs.

The body is made of two elements. The back is mahogany and the top is plexiglass with the contrasting pick guard and pickup rings integrated into the top.

The chrome hardware provides a great visual accent as do the the wood bridge and wooden thumb rest which is vertically adjustable and can easily be moved by sliding it towards or away from the neck for your desired position. The bolt on neck is maple with a 22-fret rosewood fingerboard featuring a combination of dot and block inlays with a painted finish. The bass is full scale with a scale-length of 34".

In addition to its attractive semi-acoustic aesthetics, this bass really excels in its electronics. In the neck position there is a "mudbucker" pickup in the style of the old Gibson EB-0 basses. The pickup features a passive tone control. In addition, the bass features a piezo pickup which has individual treble and bass controls on the upper horn.

Both the magnetic pickup and the piezo PUP can be used together by running the bass through an AB/Y unit, a two channel amp, or through two separate amps. There is a separate jack for each of the pickups and a master blend to blend between them when both pickups are in use. This bass has tonal combinations for days.

This bass is in great condition as the pictures show, comes strung with flat wound strings and comes with the OHSC which is also in great condition. This bass currently has a DiMarzio Model One pickup in the Mudbucker location but also comes with the original Trevor Wilkinson designed Chrome pickup. This was a reversible mod that the prior owner made and while I intended to change it back when I bought it, I liked the DiMarzio tone and adjustable pole pieces so I never bothered.

Truss rod works perfectly and turns effortlessly. The truss rod cover is in a baggie with the keys to the case.

This is for sale in the Continental US only. Asking $575 OR BEST OFFER shipped conus, plus $30 extra shipping if shipping to MST or PST time zones. If you are outside of the CONUS please send me a message so we can determine the feasibility of shipping to you as well as the added shipping costs.

Thanks for looking and if you have any questions, please PM me.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
    phillipkregg, NYCBass, Koog and 3 others like this.
  2. phillipkregg

phillipkregg Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    This bass looks so dope

rogerbmiller likes this.
  3. Eternity

Eternity

Aug 20, 2019
    Pm'd

4. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    replied

5. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Sale pending.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 15, 2021