Italia straps !

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by godoze, Nov 14, 2005.

1. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    just got mine in. 4" leather very supple. By far the nicest strap i've used... And at $21.00 shipping included i do not think you could do better... well, maybe free. BTW, got this on the bay. They make them to order so it takes a couple of weeks to get it but the ones they show in their listing are exactly what you get...
  2. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    I have one I like very well, and in fact need a couple to look at ebay...
  3. hamertek98

Apr 3, 2004
    Have any links? I couldn't find them.
  4. gambit0714

May 19, 2004
    Suffolk, VA
    Got mine from the website:

It's well worth the money new from the company or off ebay.
  5. I got one off the Bay as well.
    Decent strap, 4" wide nice supple suede. excellent price as well. Just took them over 2 weeks to make it...but i do have it and it works like its supposed to
  6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Lots of threads on straps in Miscellaneous, including Italia. Moved.
  7. Best strap I have ever slung. I think I read a post on TalkBass somewhere that Italia Straps had branched off from Moody Leather. I don't know how true that is but their straps are every bit as good and WAAAAAY cheaper.
  8. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    It is true. The Italia guy used to work at Moody then split to form his own company. He's a bit of a hothead, it seems to me from what I've read, but to each his own.
  9. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Are the straps being offered on eBay the less expensive "Studio" straps?
  10. bassdriver

Jun 8, 2005
  11. Scottie Johnson

Scottie Johnson

Sep 8, 2004
    Does anybody own Moody and Italia straps? Could you do a comparative review for us. I'll search this topic anyways, just thought some updated opinions would be nice.
  12. Slater

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Thanks for the link bassdriver. :) My searches for "Italia straps" were coming up "0".

Those eBay prices seem very good. It looks like you get hosed if you buy direct from the Italia website. :meh:
  13. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Just placed a bid on the all black 4 incher. They look very nice.
  14. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Man, if that isn't quote-worthy, I don't know what is!
  15. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

Guys, don't get into any unnecessary bidding wars. Someone snaked me yesterday, but I got an automatic "buy it now" offer straight from Italia for the opening bid price anyway. It was through eBay, and totally legit. I'm guessing you can maybe pick whatever color scheme you want after the fact as well. No guarantees this will continue to hold true, but that was my experience anyway. :ninja:
  16. Slater

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I think some people just get a thrill out of sniping on auctions. It sounds like you got a "Second Chance Offer" for the auction you bid on.

I just won an auction for a 4" black & creme strap for the minimum bid. If someone would have outbid me, I would have just moved on to another auction for the same strap...
  17. bassdriver

Jun 8, 2005
    Scottie... came across while doing a search.
  18. Slater

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I just took a look at Italia Strap's feedback, and it looks like it takes about a month from auctions end until you receive your strap(s). Not a big deal (to me), but I was hoping to have my strap a little sooner...
  19. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

They clearly state that it takes a while in the auction as well, but you have to click "terms of service" to get to the fine print. ;)
  20. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    it does take a while to get them and i sent them an email about not receiving my strap and they told me that each one os made to order.

Maybe they should put that on their auctions.