1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Italian EUB

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by roadyboy, Nov 12, 2014.

1. roadyboy

roadyboy Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2012
  2. MDrost1

MDrost1 Supporting Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Grand Haven, MI
    Greetings. Mirko, the man who makes these basses just sent me one. Been out on a few gigs already and my impressions have been very favorable. I will chime in with a full review in a week or so.

3. The URL in the first post isn't working anymore.

4. MDrost1

Oct 16, 2009
    Grand Haven, MI
  5. geeyza

geeyza

Apr 6, 2004
    boozer
    Hello MDrost1,I would really like to hear your thoughts about this bass.I got in touch with Mirko some months ago,he was really helpful.but they dont seem to have quality demos on the internet.what do you think about the sound,the feel,quality etc ? thanks

6. MDrost1

Oct 16, 2009
    Grand Haven, MI
    I have been searching for an EUB that feels as close to the real thing...without spending 4k. I wanted a bass that mimiced the upper bout, was passive electronically, and felt like an acoustic bass.

My test? I received the bass on a Tuesday at 4pm. Brought it to my jazz trio gig at 6pm. I had no balance, and assimilation issues. It felt great! A bit of tone tweaking and it was even better. I did add one modification. I put foam rubber under the bridge feet. Softened the piezo tone. I really like this bass. Got spiro mediums on it. Great back up to my Juzek.

jelise, GKon and ed morgan like this.
  7. geeyza

geeyza

Apr 6, 2004
    boozer
    Cool,it looks like a good choice.I have played my friend's yamaha slb200 at couple of gigs,which looks like MK,it felt great.I never expected it to sound like the real thing but it does the job.but it is expensive.I ve been looking for a bass,that I can carry on my scooter,has the feeling and an acceptable sound.Alter Ego Basso looks really good,amazing sound and portability too.but expensive again.MK EUB might be the one for me.thanks again

Last edited: May 5, 2015
  8. MDrost1

Oct 16, 2009
    Grand Haven, MI
    Tell Mirko I sent you : ).

geeyza likes this.
  9. Wow - this thing looks really nice - would LOVE to check one out!

Attached Files:

10. Axel Kuehn

Axel Kuehn

Nov 22, 2015
    Since a few weeks i own the MK Classic. I like it very much. It's fun playing it.
    Here is a video i made with it.

DrayMiles, Whippet, Jeshua and 3 others like this.
  11. Sounds great! How is it under the bow?

12. Axel Kuehn

Axel Kuehn

Nov 22, 2015
    Thank you. With the right strings, and the right EQ setting it works good with the bow. I din`t bow it on the video, because i`m not so good in bowing.
    On the MK website, you`ll find a video where you here the bass bowed.

13. bassguppy

bassguppy Supporting Member

Very nice sounding.

14. hdiddy

hdiddy Official Forum Flunkee Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2004
    Richmond, CA
    They have a pickup for $99.

The basses look promising. Did you guys see the Fly version that folds in half for airline carry on?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  15. Those look great... Any idea how much they go for?

16. jelise

jelise

Sep 11, 2013
    MARTINIQUE F.W.I
  17. jelise

jelise

Sep 11, 2013
    MARTINIQUE F.W.I
    The MK Jazz looks very similar to the Yamaha SLB-200.

As I'm currently shopping for such a bass, I would like to know if anyone has ever made a comparison of both ?

18. James Frang

James Frang Banned

Mar 28, 2016
    Arkansas

19. EUBs MK

EUBs MK Commercial User

May 7, 2015
    Italy
    Representative, MK EUBs
    Greetings,

here is MK that answers, all MK instruments have integrated pickups handcrafted exclusively by us, It's a totally electronic passive system, where you can connect any external device, leaving the player complete freedom of choice and action on the sound.

Alxel has used the following pream LEHLE

Here you can get an idea of the price in euro Verstärker für Kontrabass probably is also distribute in U.S.