1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Italian EUB

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by roadyboy, Nov 12, 2014.

1. richardg1952

richardg1952

Jun 2, 2014
    Totally love it. It is beautifully balanced and a delight to play.

2. pnchad

pnchad

Nov 3, 2005
    Close to pulling trigger

3. richardg1952

richardg1952

Jun 2, 2014
    Anyone with an MK jazz-P doing arco? If so are you using a quiver and how have you attached it?

4. Would anyone with a Jazz(P) please comment on its unamplified volume; E.g. does it seem quieter than (say) a Stagg? I need to be able to practice arco at home without disturbing an other. I had a Stagg, which has no intended chambers or vibrating parts, and it was very quiet. I'm concerned that the 'resonance soundboard' may make it less than silent. Tricky subjective ask, but any response welcome. I need to shift a couple of other instruments before I can order, and ideally would find an owner in the London UK area who would let me bow his for a minute.

5. richardg1952

richardg1952

Jun 2, 2014
    I don't use a bow yet, so I've no experience there. I have both the Stagg and an MK Jazz-P. The MK is noticeably louder than the Stagg and in a quiet room I can practice pizzicato without any amplification. The Stagg you really need the headphones to hear it. If the room is not perfectly quiet, I plug into an amp.

6. Thank-you; I feel some serious trading coming on.... I'll be putting a through-neck Thumb 5-string and a Suker fretless 5-string Uberhorn out to fund an MK Jazz-P, once my jazz guitar sells.