Ithaca, NY

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Nick Gann, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Ithaca is so beautiful. My audition went awesome. I hope to go here for college. Sadly, I won't hear about if I made it for 5 to 6 weeks :(

Anyone ever been up to Ithaca? It is so beautiful.

Hey Peter, Ithaca is 200 feet higher than cornell :smug:
  2. All I have to say is, "Cornell to wed, Ithaca to bed!"

:smug: :smug: :smug:
  3. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD

Of the Cornellians I encountered there, they were pricks :p The Ithacans were cool people ;)

I like how there is such a tight relationship between Ithaca and Cornell. The staff and tour guides were talking about how Ithacans can take classes at Cornell, and vice versa, how the student activities at each college is open to students of the other, as well as student discounts, how the libraries are even interconnected. It is really awesome how it works up there.

Man, it is totally beautiful up there. It is the most beautiful place I have ever been. The lake was amazing. When I crested the hill on 96 coming into town, and I saw the lake, it took my breath away!

I think my chances of being accepted there are good. I got really good vibes from the tuba teacher who auditioned me. Of all of the tuba auditions there, I was the only one who got a one hour lesson from Dave (the tuba teacher (AN AMAZING GUY)) after the auditions were over, too. He said he really liked my playing, and that I have a great sound. And get this.... Dave also plays bass guitar!!! I'm so in!!!

So Peter, what are some of the best places to go around town? I wish I asked before I went, but it didn't cross my mind to do so. I am going to be going back there (hopefully) around March 18 to go see Dave's recital, so I will check out some places when I go then.

Ithaca is definitely my top choice. It is such an awesome town.

Ithaca is 200 feet higher on the mountain than Cornell is on theirs :smug: