1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

It'll just ruin your whole day...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by casualmadness, Feb 18, 2008.

1. casualmadness

casualmadness

Dec 15, 2005
    VA
    ...when you total your car. Tuesday night, I was driving home when I hit ice on a freeway overpass. My car slid into another and then rolled over one time and over again to land on it's roof. Due to the adrenaline, I was able to crawl right out of the car and seemed fine. However, the next day I discovered that I was in quite a bit of pain. So my girlfriend took me to the ER and I got a bunch of shots and some prescriptions and was sent home after hanging around for almost 12 hours :eek:.
    I am fine but have been out of it pretty hardcore for the past few days.
    I panicked and put all of my gear up for sale but with some savings that I already have, the insurance payoff, and my tax returns, it looks like I get to keep my gear. Sorry those of you who were ready to buy. I guess I just panicked. All apologies.
    And since I know the TB rules of "no pics no wreck," I present...the carnage...
    _ALP0074.
    _ALP0016.
    ALP021208Iceaccident.
    P2130056.
    P2130055.
    P2130054.
    P2130053.
    P2130052.
    P2130051.
    P2130050.
    P2130049.
    P2130048.
    P2130047.
    P2130046.
    P2130042.
    P2130041.
    P2130040.
    P2130038.

2. rkingly

rkingly "Playing Reverend Basses on a Regular Basis"

Sep 8, 2007
    Virginia
    Endorsing Artist: Reverend Guitars
    I'm glad you're OK, looks pretty gnarly.
    Be careful!!!!!

3. flakeh

flakeh Banned

Apr 21, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Oooh! Cherry Choclate Dr.pepper!

Glad you're OK. That looks something wicked

4. Ed Goode

Ed Goode Jersey to Georgia Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    Cool to hear that you're okay, that's pretty nasty looking .... but a great advertisement for Jeep, since that car is in great shape considering it rolled over :eek:

Take it easy for a few more days, sometimes those accidents have lingering effects .....

5. Diggler

Diggler

Mar 3, 2005
    Western PA
    That'll buff right out.

6. Jiggybass

Jiggybass

Nov 15, 2005
    Sudbury, Canada
    Oh man, that's horrible!

But at least you're okay. Time for a wrangler maybe? :)

7. casualmadness

casualmadness

Dec 15, 2005
    VA
    Yeah, I hit an Explorer and it barely busted my grill (destroyed the driver's side of the Explorer). And then I rolled once and then half of another turn to land upside down. I was wearing my seatbelt and it basically glued me to my seat. So while I got smacked around a bit, I wasn't seriously injured. I think my Jeep stood up very well. Needless to say, I'm buying another.

8. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Big Dogs Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    Glad you're OK.
    It does wreck your day, but being dead wrecks your whole weekend...

Cars can be replaced. For that matter, so can gear. You being OK is the key to the whole deal. Glad you are.

9. Marcury

Marcury High and Low

Aug 19, 2007
    Mid Hudson Valley, NY
    Jesus!!! Hey Insurance covers wrecks, and it looks like your okay so drag, but here's to life!

10. Dude, glad yer ok. Pretty gnarly there...but yeah, Jeeps effing rawk.

11. Glad you're OK - and you are now living evidence of the value of wearing a seat belt.

I've been around long enough to know that cars get broken, then they get fixed or replaced. No biggie. It's the people that count.

Feel better.

12. Flintlock

Flintlock

Jul 3, 2007
    Southampton
    Is the guy in the ambulance in top picture you? And how fast were you going to make it spin that much?

13. Jiggybass

Jiggybass

Nov 15, 2005
    Sudbury, Canada
    I'd bet that he probably wasn't even going very fast at all.

Ice is some wicked stuff I tell you :meh:

14. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Ice IS some wicked stuff. That's why I had to get my leg bolted back together.

Anyways, that wreck doesn't look as bad as you might think it would! Glad you're ok!

15. casualmadness

casualmadness

Dec 15, 2005
    VA
    I was going around 30 mph; same as everyone else. I had no idea there was ice on the street. There was actually three seperate accidents right in the same area. A hit and run occurred seconds before my accident. Then when I touched the brakes, I started to slide on the ice. After I crashed, a lady behind me swiped a Tahoe in the lane next to her. In the area where I live (northern Virginia, right around DC) the weather on Tuesday crippled the area. Most people were stranded on the freeway for hours. In the county that I wrecked in, there were 246 accidents that day alone! Ice is no joke.
    Oh and in the pics, I'm the guy in the orange coat.

16. Dude, you left your lights on, careful, dont want to drain the battery!

Glad your ok tho, and not having to sell off your gear :)

17. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    That doesn't look a thing like the Jeep Comanche pickup I broadsided when the jobless redneck left-turned directly in front of me. I ripped his rear axle from its spring mounts, caved the whole passenger side in, separated his drive shaft, every fluid leaking everywhere, riped the tire right off the rim.

Your Jeep held up considerably well in comparison. I guess some Jeeps are keepers and others should be avoided!

18. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    Hey, that doesn't look so bad! Other than the scrapes, dents and broken glass that is. :D Glad you're OK. :D

19. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    Wow, a great ad for Jeeps, I love mine!!!!

Good to hear you are ok, enjoy the pain meds and watch LOTS of daytime TV.

20. steve21

steve21 Banned

Glad you're alive.

Enjoy the Dr. Pepper and try to get better, mang.