Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

It's a beautiful day!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by leanne, May 27, 2003.

1. leanne

leanne

May 29, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    It is perfect outside. It's not too cool, not too warm, the sun is shining but there are enough clouds to soften it a bit, there's the tiniest breeze, the grass is green and the trees have leaves now, and the birds are chirping. :)

There's beautiful weather, it's a short work week, and I've got great tunes to listen to.

Sometimes, life is just good.

:)

2. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001

Nice post.
    Spring is in the air here on the left coast too...great time of year, ain't it!

3. It's nice here even in Portland!! Sunny, warm, with just a few high clouds. Very nice after working for 36 hours in 2 days.:eek::bawl::rolleyes::mad:

I HATE Memorial day sales.

Rock on
    Eric:bassist:

4. It's been a cloudy but dry day today after a glorious weekend.

But hey, finished one part of my course completely, and did (and passed!) most of my bass exam today, taking a huge amount of pressure off, so it's all good.

:cool:

5. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    And life was grand. :)

6. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    A glorious day would be a day when a pack full of clouds is covering the sun.

7. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    weather can make a crappy day much better. and bad weather, like over last weekend, can make any good day feel bad.

good weather is good.

Eric Cameron....which Portland?

8. It's nice here in Minnesota, the mosquitos aren't too bad... yet.

9. Wow! More women should have your attitude, Leanne, for their own sake. ;)

Not swiping at anyone here at TB.

Mike :)

10. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU

I'm listening to Minnie Riperton's "Inside My Love" and it goes very well with this thread :cool:

11. It's miserable weather here in Southampton. I had a French exam today which I did terribly in, I got my coursework back which I got less than half marks in, and I too am in love - with a girl in a different county and whose feelings towards me I don't know.

Still, can't complain :D

12. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Bleh.

Today sucks... It is too hot and there is nothing to do besides sit her and beyatch about how much my life sucks.

13. i've been going through a bunch of crap lately. and after months of avoiding my problems, dealing with things the wrong way, and this past weekend of way too much drug use; the smoke has cleared (no pun intended) and i looked at my problems and decided,
    y'know, it ain't all that bad.
    i'm gonna make this summer a kick-@$$ one. i'm tired of being a gloomy depressed whiner. i'm gonna MAKE it a beautiful day.
    i feel so inspired. i'm gonna go make a sandwich.

14. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    I am the richest man alive, and here's why:

1. I am in a band. We make music that I love together.

2. The guys in my band are my best friends. We are always thinking on the same plane. It's like we can say so much without saying anything. I am beginning to think this is a rare thing... it seems like a lot of people have trouble with bandmates.

3. I have a nice female friend... but we won't get into that here.

4. My birthday is a week from Friday, the big 1-6. I am young, I have most of my life ahead of me, and things are looking good at this time.

5. Everytime I walk down in my basement, I have a Conklin GT-7 staring me in the face.

And life was good. :)

Sometimes you just have to be thankful for the little things, and I think springtime reminds us of this.

15. Today was icey cold. I dont mind the cold. I like the hot weather too.

I was stuck inside work all day though...

:D:D

Merls

16. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Say, you're not a vampire are you? :D

17. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Geez. Your life is so hard! How do you cope?

18. Life is good :cool:

In 3 weeks time I will be on a 2 month summer holiday.

I'm going to do well in my exams.

I'm going to get wasted.

:D

19. it's a fine day here, nothing to really complain about yet., :)
    [​IMG]

20. Life got better today - I had my French oral exam and it wasn't the minor disaster I was expecting it to be. Actually it went pretty well. Anyway, pass or fail, at least it's out of the way now.

Tomorrow should be interesting: I have an XML and Web Technology exam which is 'open web', that is we can use the internet to help answer questions!