Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

It's a small world... maybe

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Eli M., Jan 7, 2005.

1. Eli M.

Eli M. Life's like a movie, write your own ending

Jul 24, 2004
    New York, NY
    I was in New York City earlier today, around 4:00, on E 57th street between 1st and 2nd ave... I saw a TalkBass bumper sticker on someone's car driving by! I wonder who it was.
    Of course, it also could have been someone who wasn't a member but was just looking for a bass bumper sticker on the internet (I think that's how I found TB to begin with).

If I remember correctly, it was a gold SUV. If you're out there, speak up! :)

2. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    Just what we need, more SUV's on the road!

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Wow...outta nowhere...if you want to talk about SUVs that bad then why not post in an old SUV thread or start a new one because it seems like you're trying really hard to derail this one.

brad cook

4. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    brad cook : tb's mod-in-training.

5. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Butthead on-

Huh huh huh, you said "hard"

/Butthead

:D

6. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    It's not me. Perhaps it was Guildenstern.

7. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Oh they wouldn't let me NEAR the magic mod wand.

brad cook

8. Eli M.

Eli M. Life's like a movie, write your own ending

Jul 24, 2004
    New York, NY
    Congratulations, you're the first TBer to make that joke! :)

9. It's not a wand. It's an Omni-Ring.

I know, I had one. Once. Long ago, in the dim ages. When bear and bison swarmed the forrest and the prarie.

::sighs::

Wonder if I could ever get it back?

Rock on
    Eric

10. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    You'll never get it back when that avatar of yours is still wearing a Christmas cap. It's freakin' January!!!

11. It's similar to Chinese New Year, we celebrate Christmas even months after! Oh uh, I fear this thread has gone far awry from the original topic...

12. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    Woohoo! I think...

13. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    It wasn't me. I'd never own a SUV. I care about the planet. There are way too many SUVs in NY. Way too many people have them that don't need them. They for the greedy self centered I don't care about anyone but myself people. Not me. No way. I drive a honda civic. 342 miles to the gallon. My next car will be a hybrid. SUVs. I can't believe companys still have the audacity to put them on the market. What are they thinking. Don't they care about our childrens futures? And how about the ones with standard DVD players in the headrests. What's this world coming to. Unbelievable. Nobody cares anymore about anything except themselves. No, you didn't see Joe Nerve in any SUV. Not me. And as much as I love talkbass, I only have nerve stickers on my car.

SUVs. sheeesh!

14. +1.

Some people just don't respect oxygen.

15. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Yeah, like i'd fess up now if it was my SUV!

16. JTbass

JTbass

Jul 2, 2004
    Asutin TX
    thats what i was thinking.

17. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    You've got a point there, Joe. My SUV only gets 330 miles to the gallon. Not even close to the Civic.

brad cook

18. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    dam, what are you guys fueling them with, Everclear?

19. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    I can't wait to find out who it was. I'm going to track them down and wrap the damn thing in wet toilet paper. I'd spray paint hateful things on it but spraycans also hurt the environment.

And I don't believe you brad. I think you're exaggerating. But that's what evil people do.

I just realized that Nino has an suv! I'm not going to buy any of his basses now.

20. I want to get a diesel engine and power it with vegetable oil. You get really good mileage, and restaurants pay you to take their vegetable oil. Sweet deal, and it'll remain sweet as long as the common man doesn't catch on. :)

There's actually a band I know who went on a tour across America using their vegetable oil powered band van. Now that's nice!