1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

its a spector

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mcapote, Sep 28, 2009.

1. mcapote

mcapote

Sep 9, 2009
    Miami Florida
    I seen this band tonight and I really liked the bass but I couldnt quite see the name on it it looked like spider or splash or something. the body and neck where one piece. This is the only pic i can find of it.

l_5aa942d357ba43bab8a7f86ffee2c090.

l_d979863098f04ccab2ff46111d1d853a.

2. hahah thats a Spector. not sure what exact model though.

3. mcapote

mcapote

Sep 9, 2009
    Miami Florida
    sounded sick, couldnt read the name. thought it said spider hahaha

4. I believe that's a Spector. Not sure which model exactly- they're pretty popular, so a more-experienced RBer will likely soon confirm or deny my opinion. :)

5. mcapote

mcapote

Sep 9, 2009
    Miami Florida
    looks like it might be a legend 4 custom thanks.

6. Looks like an older Legend or possibly a Q4. There are so many Spector models that look alike it's really hard to know. The differences can be pretty slight.

7. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    I grow organic carrots and they are not for sale
    Dig that old retro Sunn amp. I had one of those in the 70s ...

8. mcapote

mcapote

Sep 9, 2009
    Miami Florida
    yeah he was using the same head and cabs as I own and the show tonight and the sound killed what i get out of my bass with the exact same settings on the amp :/ (these pics arent from tongihts show btw)

9. your idol

your idol

Oct 13, 2008
    Murfreesboro TN
    spector ns series or legend or rebop ..hard to tell

10. mcapote

mcapote

Sep 9, 2009
    Miami Florida
    hmm looking at pics it might be the Spector Legend4 Classic Amberburst looks like the custom has a gold bridge tuning pegs and knobs in the pics on amazon. and the rebop and ns has different dots on the neck. atleast form the amazon pics

11. Thundar

Thundar Living in sin at the Holiday Inn

Q4 or NS2004...look at the upper horn...it has that "not-so-Spector" curve to it

12. Correct! I used to own an NS2000, the neck-through model. Wish I never sold it, it sounded and played better than the Rebop!

13. Yeah, now that I look at it again it is probably not a Legend Custom. The hardware is the wrong color and the body shape is slightly different.

14. your idol

your idol

Oct 13, 2008
    Murfreesboro TN
    either way they played great and sound monsterous..great bang for your buck..i just traded away my 5er.

15. mcapote

mcapote

Sep 9, 2009
    Miami Florida
    yeah it was just my eyes after 2 pitchers of beer I guess. Its definitely a spector hahaha. After hearing this bass I think I changed my mind from wanting a fender jazz to this as my 2nd bass. now i need to scrape up the cash. Gotta love when people owe you money and you really need it to buy your obsessions :bawl:

16. mcapote

mcapote

Sep 9, 2009
    Miami Florida
    yeah im trying to get the cash to buy it back from the guy whos selling it now hahaha

17. your idol

your idol

Oct 13, 2008
    Murfreesboro TN
    Good Call