It's alive!!! My Warmoth is alive!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by count_funkula, Mar 30, 2002.

1. I finally finished my Warmoth, pickups and everything.
  2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

That is a sweet bass you've built... I can't wait to build one myself
  3. Freakapotamus9

Jun 20, 2001
    sweet. ive thought about making a warmoth a couple times... hmm...

hows it sound? how much did you end up spending on it?
  4. Wow, thats awsome. Is that a P or J neck? Did Wormoth paint it for you? I've been thinking about a P body, P/J pups, and a maple J neck in school bus yellow... that'd be cool. Congrats
  5. Woah. paint came out great! How'd ya go about painting it? Rattle can or sprayed outta a gun? What kinda paint is it anyway...brand that is. Type...etc.
  6. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    It feels GREAT when you finished a bass project & it came out how you wanted it, rite? Congrats!!!!

IMO, I liked it better natural. :)
  7. It's a J neck. I bought the paint from the guitar reranch ( It's a nitrocellulose based paint in a spray can. I covered that with a clear gloss. I chose not to polish the clearcoat but left it kind of flat instead. I think it looks really good.

The natural finish looked good from a distance but there were some places I messed up during the prep work. They were driving me crazy so I just painted the thing. I really glad I did because now I having a really unique looking P bass.

I installed SD quarter pounders in it.
  8. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
  9. Ooo... now I want a Warmoth 5 string Jazz with a mahogany body, wenge neck, ebony fingerboard, and a Bartolini active system... oh baby...
  10. :eek: MAN THAT IS A SWEET BASS i love the color .
    I just got my Ibanez gsr 200 And yes i'm a rookie but man o man do i love that bass u got take a look at mine and feel free to comment about it oh yeah what can i do to make it look better ;) .
  11. PLAY IT! :)

Don't worry about making it look better, play the thing! Your the only accessory it needs;)

12. :evil: Oh hell yeah I never put this damn guitar down i am in love with playing the bass i t's kinda hard foe me to play some notes but I have gotten better since the first day i got it I wouldn't even pick it up lol I was too scared i would brake it.Thanx for the tip;)
  13. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nice bass Count. Great work.. How does she sound???:D
  14. That truly looks fantastic Count!:) How does it sound?
  15. So far it sounds great. I'm having a problem with the tone control (It doesn't work). As soon as I get that figured out it will sound better. It's a little bright for my tastes right now. Those Quarter Pounders are very punchy. I can't wait to try it in a live situation and see how it cuts.

I'm also going to put some flat wounds on it and see what that sounds like.

Thanks for all the compliments.
  16. CORRECTION: I just noticed I said it was a J neck in a previous post. It is a P neck. I'm not a real big fan of the J necks. They are too small for my hands.