Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

It's alive!!! My Warmoth is alive!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by count_funkula, Mar 30, 2002.

1. I finally finished my Warmoth, pickups and everything.

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    w00t!

That is a sweet bass you've built... I can't wait to build one myself

3. Freakapotamus9

Freakapotamus9

Jun 20, 2001
    Nebraska
    sweet. ive thought about making a warmoth a couple times... hmm...

hows it sound? how much did you end up spending on it?

4. Wow, thats awsome. Is that a P or J neck? Did Wormoth paint it for you? I've been thinking about a P body, P/J pups, and a maple J neck in school bus yellow... that'd be cool. Congrats

5. Woah. paint came out great! How'd ya go about painting it? Rattle can or sprayed outta a gun? What kinda paint is it anyway...brand that is. Type...etc.

6. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    It feels GREAT when you finished a bass project & it came out how you wanted it, rite? Congrats!!!!

IMO, I liked it better natural. :)

7. It's a J neck. I bought the paint from the guitar reranch (www.reranch.com). It's a nitrocellulose based paint in a spray can. I covered that with a clear gloss. I chose not to polish the clearcoat but left it kind of flat instead. I think it looks really good.

The natural finish looked good from a distance but there were some places I messed up during the prep work. They were driving me crazy so I just painted the thing. I really glad I did because now I having a really unique looking P bass.

I installed SD quarter pounders in it.

8. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
  9. Ooo... now I want a Warmoth 5 string Jazz with a mahogany body, wenge neck, ebony fingerboard, and a Bartolini active system... oh baby...

10. :eek: MAN THAT IS A SWEET BASS i love the color .
    I just got my Ibanez gsr 200 And yes i'm a rookie but man o man do i love that bass u got take a look at mine and feel free to comment about it oh yeah what can i do to make it look better ;) .

11. PLAY IT! :)

Don't worry about making it look better, play the thing! Your the only accessory it needs;)

Stu

12. :evil: Oh hell yeah I never put this damn guitar down i am in love with playing the bass i t's kinda hard foe me to play some notes but I have gotten better since the first day i got it I wouldn't even pick it up lol I was too scared i would brake it.Thanx for the tip;)

13. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    Nice bass Count. Great work.. How does she sound???:D

14. That truly looks fantastic Count!:) How does it sound?

15. So far it sounds great. I'm having a problem with the tone control (It doesn't work). As soon as I get that figured out it will sound better. It's a little bright for my tastes right now. Those Quarter Pounders are very punchy. I can't wait to try it in a live situation and see how it cuts.

I'm also going to put some flat wounds on it and see what that sounds like.

Thanks for all the compliments.

16. CORRECTION: I just noticed I said it was a J neck in a previous post. It is a P neck. I'm not a real big fan of the J necks. They are too small for my hands.