Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

It's all Embellisher's fault!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Flatwound, Feb 24, 2004.

1. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    I'm doing the John Turner thing. No, not a Conklin or a seven, but do you remember what he said about his first Conklin 7? He'd never played one, never seen it in person, but when he saw it he knew he had to have it. So now, I'm going to order a Dingwall Afterburner without ever having played one. All of Jeff's blabbing (and I mean that in the best way :smug: ) about Dingwalls got me going.

This will be my first brand-new bass (other than an Essex and a $99 Washburn) in almost 25 years. Gotta unload my beloved P-bass to do it, but I'm ready.

Guess I'll have to change my tag line, eh?

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Who, me? I am buying a Nordstrand, not a Dingwall!:D

3. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    BTW, if you're thinking about a Dingwall (or for that matter, many other basses), call Gard. That's who I'm going to deal with, and he's definitely not the only person I've talked to about this.

4. What happened to the Dingwall crush?!?! I drove all the way to Bass Central just to try one out for you :spit:

;) :D

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I myself am considering a Digwall Afterburner after listening/watching Jeff do his homework here on TB, as well as talking to TBer Jay about his. I've been "needing" a new bass for a while, as I really only have one bass that is worth taking on a gig, and I figure a Dingy would be about the best B string I could hope for.

There's just something I'm missing... oh, that's right: money.

Stupid college education.

6. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Yeah, and he lives in Canada!

;)

7. Congrats.... on your decision
    you won't be disappointed.
    I did the same thing you did 2+ yrs ago, tried a Dingwall Afterburner sight unseen, number 42, I was totally hooked.

I guarentee you'll find that it has one of the best sounding B strings and playability that you haven't experienced due to the Novax board.
    I've very much enjoyed playing my first AB, and a second, and soon another Dingwall (not an AB this time).
    Best of all, Sheldon is a real stand up guy, committed, helpful, and very much concerned w/ you and his instruments.
    A total class act

Think about it Jeff you could be blamed for alot worse things.....

frank

8. embellisher

:D True! :D

9. embellisher

I agree 100%. I was going to buy from Gard as well. He is going to be disappointed when he finds out I am buying something else. Hopefully he won't send his 'boys' after me!:p