Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

It's almost here...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by HeavyDuty, Dec 22, 2001.

1. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
  2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    That should be cool. Let's hope it isn't just a bass that a guitar company tries to put on the market for a profit. (i.e. Gibson Basses. [​IMG])

3. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    The way I've heard it, Ken Parker is a bassist that started producing guitars first because of the larger market. Don't know if that's true, though...

4. "The Parker Bass: Long Awaited Model to Become A Reality
    Wilmington, MA – Rumor has it that the long wait for the Parker bass will officially end at this January’s 2002 Winter NAMM Show. According to highly-placed industry insiders, Ken Parker has been devoting significant energy recently to completing the bass project and finally granting bass players worldwide their wish."

:confused:

this is the official Parker Guitars site, right? then why the "rumor" and speculation from "highly-placed industry insiders"- if anyone would know, surely it's the site makers?
    or are they keen to perpetuate the myth and legend of the mystical Parker bass..... :p

5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    LMAO!!!!! I din't even think of that. :)

6. i am so happpy the plant or what ever you want to call the place were there made is right down the street .cant wait my dad's freind works there doing the finale setups i see if he seen or knows any thing about it

7. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Hey, weren't you signed on here before as benjamintowle?? I could swear that his IM handle was the same as yours.

And your spelling and punctuation is just as exemplary as his was.:D