It's almost here!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stachio, Apr 17, 2002.

1. adrian garcia

adrian garcia In Memoriam

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    amazing top!! just beautiful- a question, though- if you are just getting the bass- why does it have the version 1 LW? the S2 has been out a while and the bridge doesnt look the s2 -:confused:

2. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Atlanta
    Bassmonkee: I'm definitely going to give that get together a shot!
    Thanks Adrian. Don't know if this matches your spalted top MTD. Good question. Actually Joe Zon suggested that I get the Version 1 or Series 1 bridge which actually has brass hardware while the new version has the injected plastic version. That's a sustain issue. Joe said he actually prefers the older version for that point. I believe that the newer version doesn't have as much plastic "jutting out" at the bridge. I actually was planning on getting one built (with the burl redwood). However, after months of correspondence with Joe, he mentioned this one. After seeing the pictures, I realized that this was a pretty rare opportunity, and voila. Plus, he heard I am a college student and gave me a great deal. I don't think I can sing Joe Zon's praises enough. The electronics were upgraded to the second version however...In fact, he did it the day it was supposed to ship. Good timing, I guess.

3. Zoot H Rollo

Zoot H Rollo Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Redmond, WA
    stachio,

my LW Zon has the series one bridge and series 2 electronics as well.

good match.

i don't have a problem with playing down by the "hood".

congrats!

she's a beaut!

f

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021