1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

It's been a month.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by joel406, Mar 7, 2016.

1. joel406

joel406

Dec 27, 2013
    Florida
    Well almost. The 19th of this month will be one month since I got my American Standard Precision. For the last year I have been playing my American Standard Jazz exclusively. It was t he only bass I had. I have owned Precisions before. Squires. MIMs. This is my first MIA Precision. I never liked the others because of the wide flat feeling necks. The Jazz felt great from the moment I found it in a Guitar Center about 50 miles from my home. It was sold to me new even though it was a 2013. With case and candy of course.

Well fast forward 1 year and the gas for a P bass was back. I have been playing with the American Standard's in several shops and thought I might like them over the MIMs and Squires. So I found a 2014 for sale used at a GC 1500 miles away and decided to roll the dice.

I won!

She came in, in perfect condition with a case but no candy. new strings and a setup and I now have a P bass I love to play.

So if you think Jazz Bass's have better necks because they are thinner, well let me tell ya. Those meaty P bass necks grow on you real quick. Now I can't keep my hands off it.

IMG_0145.JPG

Just the perfect match for my Jazz. I have always loved the 3tbsb and tort.

IMG_0148.JPG

I have no gas...yet.

2. stonewall

stonewall

Jun 14, 2010
    ontario,Canada
    Nice good on you.Enjoy i know exactly what you mean there is just something about a P ;)

Attached Files:

47th Street and joel406 like this.
  3. Congrats. Nice bass.

4. Flaked Beans

Flaked Beans

Sep 9, 2005
    NYC
    Very nice looking couple! Congrats!