1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

It's been a while...New Family Pictures!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Lokire, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Hard to believe that I've only bought 2 basses in the last year and a half. The beat up old Ernie Ball Earthwood acoustic, and I got a Modulus VJ4 last week. Was missing the 'jazz bass' kind of style and sound for a long time and the Modulus is perfect for that. Sounds amazing, and plays flawlessly. The clarity and sustain this bass has is just rediculous :D

ZZ54C6F09D.

ZZ019E6D01.

ZZ3366B1C1.

ZZ79E31F25.

ZZ7849FD89.

ZZ1F394ADA.

ZZ4BC4613B.

Yes kitty, hi...you're very nice too...

2. excane

excane Banned

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    Is that deep red/brick quilted one a Sadowsky? Reeeallly nice!

3. That's the Modulus VJ4. Guess I should list 'em:

Ken Lawrence Unity 5
    1966 Guild Starfire 4
    Kinal Kompact Fretless 4
    Kinal Kompact Fretted 6
    DeArmond Pilot Deluxe 4
    Modulus Vintage Jazz 4
    Ernie Ball Earthwood 4

4. kingpin2512

kingpin2512

Aug 9, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Hows the starfire soundwise?

5. excane

excane Banned

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    Well, still a gorgeous looking bass. :)

6. How many did you used to have?

7. At one time? I think I had around 12 for a while...I've owned 26 basses in my life so far though. It's all listed in my profile. Here are the ones I used to have:

Stambaugh Custom 6
    Elrick NJS-5 Cherryburst
    Elrick Singlecut Walnut 5
    Warwick Streamer Stage II 5
    Lakland JO 5 (w/ Noll pre)
    Lakland Darryl Jones 5
    Antoniotsai "Goddess" 7
    Antoniotsai "Art Rose" 7
    Lightwave Classica A Fretless 4
    BSX Allegro Acoustic Electric Upright
    Godin A4 Fretless
    MTD Grendel 4
    Italia Modulo
    Kimberly Short Scale
    Washburn Fretless 4
    Rickenbacker 4001
    Takamine Acoustic
    Yamaha BB414
    SX 75 Sunburst Jazz Bass

8. Wow, you're 22 and have owned 26. You should meet my friend Tim. I think he has owned a few basses for only 7 minutes. :p

9. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Hey Lokire,

I'm looking into eventually purchasing a KL and I was looking at the unity.

Would you mind PMing me the price you paid? And maybe (if you're feeling generous) a quick pro/con review?

Thanks!!

10. kingpin2512

kingpin2512

Aug 9, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Lokire thanks for the reply. That sounds awseume. You gave me gas for one.

11. Hah, it's crazy I know. Talkbass only makes it worse! :D

I started playing when I was 12 and quickly realized that it was what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. Started working a full-time summer job inbetween school years and I just saved my money and bought basses. Bought the Ken Lawrence when I was 17, and I haven't looked back since :D

12. Will do :)

13. TB has been great about exposing me to things I'd never see where I'm from, even though it will never be as good as a Fender. :p At the moment, I'm taking a break from music (ok, still playing music....taking a break from musicians, LOL!) to focus on road racing for a couple years while I'm in good enough shape and without children.

The journey into the world of bass has been pretty interesting and trippy. Each bass incorporates lessons learned from other basses and seem to get better each time! My GAS list is slowly winding down and I may eventually do more with music if I can ever regrow some patience to deal with the egos, temper tantrums, crying, and those who can dish it out but can't take it. :p