It's been a while

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lenorules1950, Jul 16, 2005.

1. lenorules1950

Aug 20, 2004
    Meriden, CT
    Hey everyone... it's been a while since I stopped by so I thought I'd come back and say hi... I've got some new gear since I was last here, including an Epi Les Paul bass (one of my GAS items) :hyper: Anyhoo, I was wondering if any of you could help me-

The band I play in recently recruited a new guitarist. We were jamming at his house and apparently this kid's dad was a musician as well- hanging on the walls of the house was tons of cool gear, including a Warmoth Strat, a Memphis Les-Paul style guitar, an old-school "doghouse" of unknown vintage and a 1930s Gibson archtop- but what caught my eye was this bizarre looking old Ampeg bass guitar. The body shape was vaguely reminiscent of a Fender Jaguar, it had 2 large F-holes that went through the entire body, and it had a scroll-shaped headstock. The thing weighed a ton, too; but the balance was perfect and it was so nice to play. Does anyone know anything about it based on my description? Thanks for any insight :)
  2. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Only thing that comes to mind for me is an Ampeg Baby Bass...

3. justateenpoet

justateenpoet Have you...killed the Venture brothers!?!?

May 14, 2005
    sounds like an ampeg scroll bass...there's a guy named Bruce Johnson who makes replicas of them, he has some info on his site: