Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

It's been asked in the past, I know (Email)

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Matt Till, Jun 10, 2004.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I don't know anything about anything, but I know in the past email was suggested, and it was discussed that the software was too expensive, or something... like I said I don't know anything...

But with this recent upgrade to a new look, would email be possible?

2. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Hmm... do you mean talkbass email addresses, like stupidmatt@talkbass.com?

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    That's the idea. If a big financial deal, I understand. I have been looking for a decent email account. It could even be supporting members only, but it would suck to be broke for a week and have your account shut off because you couldn't pay the supporting membership. Hmm.

4. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    What about only for mods and gold supporting members?

that would increase incentive to support..

edit: maybe to solve matt's problem, the account could be kept open for a certian amount of time to give the user a little time to get the money in

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

What an odd suggestion for you to make, Clay. ;)

6. I'm not so sure this would be a good idea...with the amount of spam some of the Talkbass addresses may end up getting...I think it could really start bogging down the server

7. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    well who else would Paul give it to? just random people.

Peopple named matt? ;)

8. If I remember correctly it wouldn't be a good idea because:

A) It would slow down the server with all the E-mails being sent, especially if the TB server sends reply-to-thread E-mails straight back to itself.

B)saved emails and sent emails that stay in the Sent or Saved folders of your E-mail would take up room on the talkbass server. It's not much room, but over time with people it can add up.

If it was to be put into use, I'd say only for Gold Supporting Members since there isn't THAT many of them.

Anyways, yeah, that sounds about right, and its the reason I don't give out a bunch of E-mail address for my server.

9. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I don't either. Hotmail does for me.

Er, I keep changing my email address and pissing off my parents. :oops: