Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Its Bitchin Time

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Mar 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok, im sick of threads where people say "oh, you're young" after ive had my opinion, just because im 17 (1 month off 18) it doesn't mean that what i think isn't important or stupid, and people saying im lazy because i decided to ask a question in here instead of doing a search in a search engine, and what i hate most is that people think they're better than me or say that i think i know everything.....thinking you are better than someone automatically proves that you aren't (someone famous said that i just cant remember who).......all i ask is for a little respect and my opinions to be heard instead of having my threads continually shut down because i am defending myself and my opinions......i think its about time some of you learn to respect other people and stop taking everything so seriously, take a lesson from aussies....just let it roll of your back...

If i say i dont like p-basses (which i don't) dont get you're undies in a knot, all you have to say is "thats nice, its your opinon but i like them" instead of going all narky at me!

ok, now ive had that im felling a little happier

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

which you obviously cannnot :rolleyes:

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    The older you get, the less you know.

4. I remember the last time I responded to your post I got banned for 3 days for a clever way of telling you that you're an idiot. I have since learned that sometimes cleverness can backfire so i will say this and this only: You are an idiot.

No smiley, man.

5. i would normally but it gets a bit rediculous having people continually do it to me, it gets a bit tiring having people continually bitch at me coughamericanscough

6. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Grow up! :D

PS. As an Australian, heath_theGreat does not represent us! ;)

7. coughidiotcough

8. hmmmmm Deja Vu????

i only represent myself.....

9. furiously funky

furiously funky Guest

Dec 28, 2002
    Toronto
    i dont think if anyone delt with this problem they way you did, they would recieve much respect, and i am exactly the same age as you (next month, 18 ) so it isnt about age all the time

10. oh, and for you who think the screen name is a bit of an ego trip, it aint...that is what my gf setup a yahoo email for me and i just used it here, cos i only use the one screen name (now its changed though)

11. I don't like PBasses and its my opinion so just back off!!!

12. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Oh, I see. Is that why you suggested that Paul Warburton - an accomplished professional bassist whose jock strap (musically speaking) few here at TB are qualified to lift, let alone carry - perform an insulting sexual act upon your person because he suggested you might try doing a little research on your own? That's what you call "respect for other people"? :rolleyes: Interesting.

Grow up and quit whining. You got what you asked for.

13. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

it wasn't clever :rolleyes:

14. What was it? ^^ Might of been clever...

15. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    To the original poster (and others contemplating such rants) -

Do you think that after reading your rant people have more or less respect for you? (ie do you think that your post has helped or added to your problem?)

Thats what you need to think about everytime you go to post a rant :)

16. I know that, I think you put it as "an attept at being clever" so thats the word I used. I think it was you, you were the one that banned me right?

17. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Excuse me?

18. I believe Paul is the only one who can ban. MOD's can just suggest it.

19. Actually mods can now ban in case of some trolls ;)

20. Alrighty. I didn't know for sure becasue I never got an email, I was just told by someone that I was banned for 3 days after I asked if they could log in becasue I could not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.