1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

It's Deluxier! My new baby...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rojo412, Jun 15, 2007.

1. rojo412

rojo412 Sit down, Danny... Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    So in case you don't know, I fell in love with my MIA Jazz Deluxe with the East J Retro Dlx. It outlasted my Status, it beat a Sadowsky in everything. My only beef... it looked plain. So I went on the hunt for a pretty bass with the same characteristics. I found this, a Fender FMT Deluxe J. So far, I love the thing. It was cheaper than the Sadowsky by a lot and yet, made way better. In fact, it's almost as good as my old baby, but it needs my special touch... and a U Retro DLX.

2. Sean Baumann

Sean Baumann Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Livin' in the USA
    You speak in hyperbole when comparing the basses, so I dunno what you are talking about.

Congratz on the fender, I liked the deluxe I had for awhile.

3. SGT. Pepper

SGT. Pepper Inactive

Nov 20, 2005
    Phila,Pa.
    Thats the problem with Fender these days. You gotta spend $1200+ to get a good bass. Yes, I'll admit the high end ones are flawless but they don't give the poor guy or intermediate player a fair shot. At one time you could have gotten a good Fender MIA for $600 and $700 respectively. Thats going back about 10 yrs. Now a Standard MIA is $1000+ and the quality is lacking. It's a Damn Shame!

4. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Congrats on your new bass! It sure looks like a great instrument. Fender makes some high quality instruments for sure. :) (At any price point. ;))

5. T-MOST

T-MOST

Dec 10, 2004
    NJ via NYC
    Thats the problem with Fender these days. You gotta spend $1200+ to get a good bass. Yes, I'll admit the high end ones are flawless but they don't give the poor guy or intermediate player a fair shot. isn't cheap.

News flash... quality isn't cheap especially in this day and age.

6. ClassicJazz

ClassicJazz Bottom Feeders Unite!! Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Good Catch!! I love those American Deluxe Jazz FMTs! You can take your Sadowsky's, Laklands, and any other jazz copy....these basses are the REAL DEAL!! The one I own I just love it to death! It puts a smile on my face every time I play it. It is one of the best sounding basses I have owned.

Here's mine! (a 4-string version)

ken_fmtjazz.jpg

7. Hyperbole is a figure of speech which is an exaggeration. Persons often use expressions such as "I nearly died laughing," "I was hopping mad," and "I tried a thousand times." Such statements are not literally true, but people make them to sound impressive or to emphasize something, such as a feeling, effort, or reaction.

I'm not seeing that here, just a few statements of praise for a great bass.

8. Sean Baumann

Apr 6, 2000
    Livin' in the USA
    ...it beat a Sadowsky in everything....

...It was cheaper than the Sadowsky by a lot and yet, made way better....

Ok, how about exaggeration instead of hyperbole then.

9. Knives

Knives

Mar 18, 2005
    Athens, Ga
    Congrats on the new bass, hope it plays as well as it looks.

Don't forget, that even if in your humble, honest, and personal opinion based on preference, you like your bass better than the hot ticket item on Talkbass you are clearly mistaken.... :meh:

I just feel a lot of people here try to make you feel like you have a malfunction if you don't like what they like...

Enjoy it in good health,
    Kevin W.

10. The Sadowsky Police have been angered. Prepare ye, for defeat.

11. Sean Baumann

Apr 6, 2000
    Livin' in the USA
    I'm not the police of anything, I love fender. I wouldn't say any of my basses are better than all fenders, or the other way around. It is just impossible to proove.

12. paulorr

paulorr

Apr 5, 2007
  13. ggunn

ggunn

Aug 30, 2006
    Austin, TX
    And a silly smile it is, too... ;^)

14. RandallFlagg

RandallFlagg Guest

Aug 18, 2003
    Kansas City

I play the same bass. It's actually a QMT, though. And, yes....it plays like butter (melted, that is!)

Sweet bass!!

15. RandallFlagg

RandallFlagg Guest

Aug 18, 2003
    Kansas City

Whoa.....I had to run into the other room and make sure mine was still in it's case....thought you had "paid me a visit"!!!!:D :D

[​IMG]

Whew! Still there............

16. LOL!

This post is doomed for closing now! :crying:

No way any other bass can be as good or better than a Sadowsky. Just not possible...:rollno:

17. RandallFlagg

RandallFlagg Guest

Aug 18, 2003
    Kansas City

:eek: :hyper: :eek: :D :D

18. ClassicJazz

ClassicJazz Bottom Feeders Unite!! Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Pretty damn close to mine! But yours looks newer. Mine is a 2002 (has the fat tuners)

19. WoodyG3

WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    I think it's cool you've got a bass you really love and that you are proud of it. Sometimes I feel that if I write about how great I think a particular bass I own is here on Talk Bass, people will shoot me down. It happens to be a brand that some people think poorly of here.

Of course, when you make a statement that your bass is better than Brand X (or Brand "S" ;) ) you are sort of setting yourself up for a flame or two.

Eh, so what!? Enjoy your bass!!!

20. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I think that each side here is being a little liberal with reading between lines in these posts. Let's all just agree that the Deluxe is a sweet bass and most of us would be happy to have one! (I know I would!)

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 25, 2021