Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

It's Finally Happening -- $7 a Gallon Gas

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by westland, Sep 23, 2005.

1. westland

westland

Oct 8, 2004
    Hong Kong
    And this is without any added taxation to cover road building costs. Figure the roadbuilding equipment is going to be using $7 a gallon petrol as well ... :bawl:

2. retitled

retitled

Feb 13, 2004
    forest hills
    maybe we will turn into one of those nations where we use motor bikes and bicycles and stuff..

or maybe more electric cars will start being manufactored and we will get less polution :)

i dont drive so this doesnt bother me.. :p

3. Yes it does, if the price of petrol goes up, so does everything else.

4. retitled

retitled

Feb 13, 2004
    forest hills
    oh.. ok then...

:help: :bawl:

5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    All this gas stuff is crazy. For the first time in zod knows how long, Southern California gas is actually amongst the cheapest in the nation. (~$2.87 for 87)

6. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    Congratulations.

By todays exchange rate, $7 USD per gallon equals 11.99 NOK per liter, which is about what we've been paying in Norway for the last months.

Welcome aboard! :)

7. westland

westland

Oct 8, 2004
    Hong Kong
    And you guys are exporting the stuff (I thought it would be cheaper there)

8. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Imo the only way to make people drive smaller cars will be higher gasprices. I don't want to offend people or their lifestyle, but this will be the only thing that will set people on the right track. You can talk all you want about environment (sp) etc, but in the end the only thing that matters for the majority of the people is their wallet.

Maybe 2005 will go in history as the year when the big mentality switch came and when the public realised that a change was necesary.

9. I am SO kicking mother natures ass !

10. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    As president of the Anti-SUV club here at talkbass, high gas prices amuse me.

11. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Ignorance.

My SUV gets better mileage than my wife's Mustang (which is a V6). Don't judge a book by it's cover.

12. Vox Populi

Vox Populi Reggae Loving Honkey

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    This is why I'm happy I drive a Geo Metro that gets 57 miles to the gallon. :smug:

13. As Supreme-Dictator-For-Life of the I Just Had To Evacuate My Family of Four and A Dog For Two Weeks Thanks To A Natural Disaster Club, I find it necessary to own an SUV and look forward to the day I can afford a full sized one.

I'll award you 5 points for having an opinion and voicing it, but will subtract 10 points for not being able to extrapolate the result of your sentiment when applied to anyone but yourself.

Mike

14. I for one know that as long as my family lives in upstate New York, we will need an SUV. Period. These savagely high gas prices are really putting a hurt on us, but it's pure ignorance to think that SUV's aren't necessary. We wouldn't be able to function without one.

15. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Wow. Your family doesn't function without an SUV? :rolleyes: Then it must be quite disfunctional.
    Ridiculous. What can an SUV do that a larger station wagon can't?

16. Frank Martin

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Just like the saying here that the owl calls the blackbird big-headed. The same goes for you.

17. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Hey, leave us out of this! :p

Wait...The Owl called me what? :eyebrow:

18. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    Tow trailers/boats.

19. Frank Martin

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    :D It's an old saying about someone who accuses someone else about his own mistake. There's another: "[notices] the splinter in the other's eye, but not even a cross-beam in his own"

20. He talks about you behind your back. Thing have been said... mean things... :p