Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

It's G&L Time.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Scott D, Jan 18, 2004.

1. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Hey guys, just took delivery of this beauty yesterday. It smokes! Tobacco Sunburst over ash, matching headstock, natural binding. I traded my Rickenbacker 4003 to TB Member BFunk for this.

[​IMG]

2. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    .[​IMG]

3. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    [​IMG]

4. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    [​IMG]

5. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    [​IMG]

Sweet sweet reflection...

6. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    [​IMG]

7. looks great. I have a sunburst L2000 and love it. mine does not have the binding and matching headstock though. that looks great, and they are sure tone monsters.

8. no4mk1

no4mk1

Feb 21, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Super Sweet! I have two L-2Ks and they are incredible basses! Make sure to register yours at the Guitarsbyleo Registry

Cheers,
    Chris

9. Lewk

Lewk

Oct 19, 2003
    holy SHIAT that is one nice bass. Not quite the ASAT semi-hollow i'm after, but DAMN is that pretty.

10. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Yes it is. Just bought this one from TAB (Bryan) UPS scheduled delivery tomorrow. Happy monday!

[​IMG]

11. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Nice to see that you finally got it Scott :) I haven't seen you around so I figured you were probably busy playing it.

Whadya think? I'm pretty sure I'll know what you're answer is :) Its sweeeet

12. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    I've been around, you're the one who hasn't been around! Talk to me on AIM man, my Yahoo messenger thing is all messed up, and you are the only one I ever talk to on there. I want to talk to you about the Dean. But I love the G&L. You inspired me man!

13. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    G&L L2000's and L2500's are awesome!

14. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Yeah, I love it. When I'm ready for a 5, I'll be considering either a Tribute 2500 (used if possible) or a real 2500(used). Why is the resale on such a versatile instrument so low? I've seen some L-2000 (MIA) going for around $550...

15. no4mk1

no4mk1

Feb 21, 2003
    Seattle, WA

Because to the Nu-Metal, pop-rock, fad-based crowd, they look like their grand-dad's bass. They don't realize that it's just an illusion, and that these things are rabid beasts!
    ;) :rolleyes:

Fine with me... This way I can afford them.

Cheers,
    Chris

16. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Ha, definatley man. I love the Pre on this thing! the Series/Parelell switch is "Instant Balls." No4mk1, Do you think you could PM me some settings or something? I haven't really had time to mess around with them, because I don't have an amp at home (I just play acoustically), and I only plug in and go when we practice, because we usually don't have alot of time. But if you would, just like some settings for maybe a P, J, or Ray tone or something of that sort, that would be awesome.

Thanks Alot,
    Scott D.