1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

It's going to be a BAD day...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Eric Cameron, Apr 28, 2006.

1. Cause today is the day that I go to jail. If you guys don't remember, I got arrested for theft from my employer back in January. I plead guilty, cause I did it, and I don't want to weasle out of it. So today is my sentancing trial. My lawyer worked a deal with the DA, and I'm spending 5 days in county.

Now, the logical part of my brain says, "Hey, it's only 5 days. You'll probably get matrixed out in 48 hours or less. Don't worry about it." But the emotional part of me is so scared that I've become sick. Nothing better than jail time when you are sick.:rolleyes:

I can't begin to describe how bad I feel about all this. I know what I did was wrong, and I knew at the time what I did was wrong. But I did it anyway. I violated the trust that my employer, my friends, and my family put in me. I violated the trust I had in myself. I violated the oath I took when I became and Eagle. I made the love of my life leave me. I screwed up my future in SUCH a big way. There aren't the words to addiquately describe how I feel right now, but "not good" is a pretty generic term that fits.

So, I guess this is good-bye, at least for 5 days. When I come back, I'll post again. Sorry to bring you all down like this.

Rock on
    Eric

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Oh dang. I forgot about this. I'm scared for you too. I hope nothing bad happens to you while you're in there.

-Mike

3. rsgars

rsgars

Aug 6, 2003
    NY State
    This seriously sucks. Stay safe, get out fast.

4. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

You manned up. Take some pride in that.

Everybody makes mistakes. You are taking responsibility for
    yours. That means it will get better and you will be able to go on
    with a clear conscience. You deserve another chance given that
    you accept the consequences for your screw up.

Good luck, check in when you are back.
    Take care
    Thor

PS Even Eagles make mistakes. You're still an Eagle.

5. wolfs

wolfs

Jan 18, 2006
    nyc
    The fact that you feel such remorse is a good thing, hopefully it will insure that you'll never do such a thing again... and don't worry, we all mess up, sometimes some of us have to face the music and it makes us better people... just be safe, don't talk back, and you'll be all right.

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I'll pray for ya' man. Hope it's not too bad.

bc

7. Good luck. You'll be fine.

Make use of your time and consider documenting the whole process in a journal or something. It will be interesting to read in 10 years.

8. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

hang in there bro ,
    county lock-up shouldn't be too bad ...
    although i'm sure it will seem like an eterinty .

just mind your manners while your in there , and hopefully
    everything will turn out for the best .

peace,
    dave

9. villakid 93

villakid 93 Guest

Dec 27, 2005
    Swayfield, Grantham
    Feel sorry mate, what did you do wrong?

10. Well it says in the original post what he did. DUH....

Hey, like posted by someone else, make a journal and documentary about it. I'd personally be interested to see what it's really like being there as I have no info on it whatsoever. I'm not saying I'd go, or that I support going to jail, but write down what it's like.

11. villakid 93

villakid 93 Guest

Dec 27, 2005
    Swayfield, Grantham
    Yeah I suppose you are allowed Cameras in Jail are you? pluh

12. bassthumpa

bassthumpa

Aug 31, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Ouch... tough lesson to learn the hard way. Stay safe, man.

13. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    It's good to see you taking responsibility for the wrong that was done. Just remember, it could be months of your liFe, not just 5 days.

14. Vampyre

Vampyre

Dec 9, 2004
    qq more

15. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL

Not again...

16. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    don't drop the soap!

j/k... I just finished 10 days of weekends for being an idiot and driving without a license for the 4th time :rolleyes: I was able to do 7am till 4:30pm Sat & Sun Work detail. I was the dude in the orange vest picking up trash on the hiway. The ticket was actually from 2001 and yes I have learned my lesson :(

17. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I must say that I've never been in jail for more than an hour (I was young, my dad was working there, and I had a Game Boy so it worked out) and if you're in the right mindset, I don't presume it will be too bad. It's like freshman college dorms, small cement room, awful food and a cheap bed. :D

Keep a diary if you can, I'd be interested in this from your point of view.

Oh, and props for fessing up. It takes a real man in my eyes to admit they're wrong.

18. Well, I don't have to appear until 1:30, so I'm just sitting here waiting. And dammit, I think that's the worst part!! I got arrested on January 15th. My first court appearance was Feb 14th. Then my next appearance was March 28. And now I'm finally finished on April 28th. Those months of waiting, of not knowing what was happening, they ground down on me. If it wasn't for my TB and real life friends, I don't think I would have made it.

I'm not even sure where they are going to place me up there. CCCC is REALLY crowded. They may just pitch me back onto the street after booking me in. Or they may keep me in for the full five days. Or the judge could get all mad at me and make it a longer sentance. Or the judge could be a really nice guy and make it a suspended sentance.

That's the other part. I don't know what's going on. No one can tell me, either. Even when I'm not in control of something, I try to stay informed about it. But I'm basically going into this blind. And it scares the hell out of me.

Rock on
    Eric

19. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Dude, you faced the truth (which is sometimes worse than jail), you'll handle this. Good luck.

20. This is news to me! :confused:

I know you had previously posted something about having to go to court, but didn't know it was going to lead to jail time.

You do sound contrite and humbled; that is good. :cool:

I have a feeling you're going to learn from this and will never be in such a situation again.

I wish you the best.

Mike ;)