1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Its going to be hard to explain this but...

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Brandonh, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Brandonh

Brandonh

Jul 18, 2007
    Ok so say I am sitting down with a peice of music and a metrenome and already know how the song goes. How can a person know were all the rests are in exactly every bar when playing to a metrenome?

Do you even have to know?

I mean say your playing a song to the metrenome how do you always remeber were this rest is and when you use 16ths

I think that I have a pretty good feel for time. So do I just play it naturally is it even necasarry to the when the rest comes in here or do you just generally know the song good enought to play it?

BTW this is something I havent tried to do. But its been bugging at me.

2. What? :confused: Ok, piece by piece
    you count.

yes.

that's what makes this sequence of notes that song, so yes.

This is all assuming you have the sheet music in front of you. if you're playing along with a recording and want to play the exact bassline, then the above is also valid.

If you want to play your own version of a song, play what you like and fits the song

3. yeh if you know the song you should know the rests

4. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    The rests are counted the exact same way as notes. Quarter note = quarter rest, etc..

5. Brandonh

Brandonh

Jul 18, 2007
    I understand all that... It just that what I meant to say I cant even explain but I have found it out myself hahah thanks though for trying to deal me this late.