1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

It's Here.........It's Here

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dano59, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Dano59

Dano59 Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Charleston Illinois
    Got woken up this morning to the dogs barking and a knock at the door, as I rush to the door pulling the pants on I am thinking "it's got to be Fed Ex" and it was.

I wnet out to my music room and sliced through the tape and slid out a nice padded gig bag (not part of the deal by the way) and I unzipped the bag.

I had high expectations but this MTD KZ-5 is beautiful. The fit and finish is perfect and the stain/color is alive. I was thinking the tobacco burst would be a painted black fade but no, the quality of the finish lets the grain just show through the dark color of the sides and back.

The Black Chrome hardware is a classy mix of the chrome look and the total black look I originaly wanted and I am more than happy with the Black Chrome.

The grain and shape of the neck is perfect, I had no idea the shape of the neck would feel so nice and my hand fits it and falls right into place. Even my thumb stays behind the neck most of the time without even thinking about it.

Now I have read tons of posts about the sound and making all sourts of electronics changes but I wont be changing a thing. Clean sharp articulate tone comes from this bass. I had Nathan put TI flats on it before he sent it and set the action real low and alls I do is think about pressing a string and the notes ring out.

If you can't tell I am more than happy with this delivery and now the real work starts, becomming worthy of such a wonderful Bass.

Thanks Nathan

2. chroma601

chroma601

Feb 16, 2007
    Sylva, NC
    Congratulations! That is one beautiful instrument.

3. Whutchootalkinbout, Willis?
    No pics, no *Congrats on the new bass.*

4. manutabora

manutabora

Aug 14, 2007
    Iowa City, IA
    I bet it's the one on his avatar. Congrats! I have gas for one of those, but the other finish (burly maple?).

5. If so, then congratches- and pardon me. :rolleyes:

6. Dano59

Dano59 Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Charleston Illinois
    Pics comming tonight after my fingers start falling off

7. Who cares what a bunch of anononymous bass-geeks think?
    BTW, I reinstate my previous hard time. PICS! :D

8. Dano59

Dano59 Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Charleston Illinois
    Pics pg1

Attached Files:

9. Dano59

Dano59 Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Charleston Illinois
    pg2

Attached Files:

10. Dano59

Dano59 Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Charleston Illinois
    pg3

Attached Files:

11. Very nice indeed. Just a bit jealous now. :meh: :)

12. Dano59

Dano59 Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Charleston Illinois
    I understand what you are saying but as I said the hard part is ahead of me.

I'n afraid that watching a fat man with a beautiful bass play badley wont be the same as watching some hot female sing off key. Some how even when a good looking woman stands on stage people don"t mind the bad pipes....:bag:

At least I don't have to be worried about being hindered by a junk instrument right.

13. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    Man that's a sweet bass, congrats..

14. nortonrider

nortonrider

Nov 20, 2007
    nice

15. My favorite color in the KZ's. Gorgeous!

16. ZionBound

ZionBound

Dec 12, 2008
    Gorgeous bass I'm glad to hear that you are accepting the bass for what it is and not trying to mod it out right out of the box. Congrats!

17. It's Beautiful!

18. anon65884001

anon65884001 Guest

Feb 1, 2009
    Gratz :D

19. Dano59

Dano59 Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Charleston Illinois
    I never was very good at Algebra but I was able to figure that one out and I can't agree more.

Should have my 4X10 Hartke here in the morning so it should be intresting to see what she sounds like through it.

Here is what I have to learn with right now. Just have to decide on what way I am going to go with as far as an instructor goes.:confused:

Attached Files:

20. ErnieD

ErnieD

Nov 25, 2004
    Atascocita,TX.
    Pls post back once you've played it for awhile. I'm looking at this bass too. My concern is of everyone posting that they mod this bass rather quickly. Is that cause they really need the mod or cause its' so easy to mod, its a must do? Anyone else kept theirs stock? Are they Korean elecs? Or what comes stock in em?

I'd love to hear some soundclips of that model bass. Would not want it to reproduce my 55-02D or Peavy Cirrus 5er tone. My other gas bass is a Skyline Joe Osborne 5. The MTD and JoBo are sorta in same price range but I know total diff sound ranges. If the MTD really offers different tones than my other basses mentioned above, I'd prolly roll that way.

Though I've played the Joe 5 at a local store last year, I think w/Fralins, mighta been Lakland pups, not sure and it sounded and felt great. Won't be able to play a Z5 first. Gonna get one or the other this year. I realize they're prolly different ends of the tone spectrum from each other. But I could do with a new tone for '09, that's why the MTD might be in play.

Keep us posted on how you're liking the MTD, its' very nice looking but is it more than a pretty face; stock that is?