1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ITS HERE, MY YAMAHA SBV.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Eric Killinger, Oct 20, 2006.

1. No pictures though, sorry, I dont have a camera.

I would have posted about this earlier but I've spent like, six hours playing it, I literally cannot put it down, it is insane how awesome this thing is.

it feels pretty much like my sx j-bass, the sound kinda has a more punchy bass-tone to it. Theres only one drawback though, the frets are kinda small. :meh: Other than that, this thing is amazing.

It sounds okay if you slap it, but I try to stay-away from slapping this bass, basically because it looks odd trying to slap on it. It sounds very clean, usually on other basses I've played, when I play them, I kinda get a clingy sound, I dont know if its the eq or what, but this is what a bass is supposed to sound like, It's defenetly a blast to play.

I give it an 8 out of 10, the only thing that could make this better is a hipshot and bigger frets, however, im not adding a hip-shot because I want to keep this looking exactly like how it came, and I dont really notice the frets that much.

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Those are those funny little things, right?

3. if by funny you mean "incredibly awesome" then yes.

Heres an image:

b-sbv.jpg

just replace the color with a sort of sea-green one, and replace the presision pickup with another jazz one, and thats basically mine.

oh yeah, also, mine is left handed.

4. Congrats! What color did you get??

I'm still loving mine. It definately has it's own sound. I put EB Hybrid Slinky's on mine and it really made a nice difference. To me the narrow frets just go along with the nice overall feel of the rest of the bass. I need to get a P/J version but I spent this months gas money in other directions :rolleyes:

5. sweet, one of those has been on my gas list ever since a certain someone who shall remain nameless ^^^^^ had to post a pic and inspire further gassage

6. Sort of like a sea-green color, I want to say that, but its more silver than anything.

Good god this thing is f*cking AMAZING. I have blisters on my fingers and the bass is like, fusing itself into my hands.

I think I have a problem.

7. I found the stock strings to be really tough on my fingers. I played it for about a half hour and realized I need to change the strings fast :p The Slinky's sound great on mine. For a passive bass it certainly has plenty of ballz :cool:

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 24, 2021