Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

It's Here!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Jan 20, 2002.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    It's here, oh praise the Lawd, it's here!!!!

2. Ibanez adds a new model to its signature basses, the new K5 5-string, which was designed in tribute to Korn bassist, Fieldy. The K5 is equipped with a number of high-end features such as a padauk/mahogany body for heavy tone, active pickups and the Vari-Mid EQ which allows the players to create any kind of bass tone. Yet the price is less than $1000.00. The bass also features a silk-screened "Fieldy" signature on the headstock as well as a special K5 12th fret inlay.

3. yeah yeah bla bla..

but what does it sound like ? :)

4. Mikkel-S

Mikkel-S Supporting Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Herning, Denmark
    I hope its a joke!;)
    But its proberly not...who will be the next to have a sig.? the guy from sum 41??:rolleyes:

5. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    mikkel slov,im sorry to say but he already has one...

JUST KIDDING!But your right,he probably will get one soon.The fieldy bass looks like a breed of a warwick and a soundgear:rolleyes:

6. p0w3rman5ooo

p0w3rman5ooo

Aug 27, 2000
    nOO wAy!!! KoRN rulz!!!! HES AWSUME!!! hOW dOES hE DO THAT cliky thing>> he is WAY bettr thAn victer wuuton!!! he sux!! i am SOOO buying that THEN I CAN DO CLIKY THINGS TOO omg THIS IS TOO SWEEET!!

7. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    Good: seems like a nice fiver under 1000

Bad: Fieldy getting a signature model...

8. does it come with a pair of Pumas?
    and maybe an Ali G video too?
    :p

9. Word up, ***** ! Ali G is tha bomba !! :D

10. I'd be curious about the tone and playability but it certainly is a nice looking bass.;)

11. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    On a serious note, I'd think that those combination of woods would lend itself to a pretty good tone overall. Like the bass that he uses. It's a good bass, it's just the user and those pup's, IMO.

12. BOOYAKKASHAAAH!

embarrassing inlays in signature basses- first the Sting Fender, then the Mike Anthony Yamaha, now this....

I'm wondering if there'll be a heavy demand for luthiers to fit new inlays....

13. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Nah... there's alway duct tape.

14. lemonadeisgood

lemonadeisgood

Aug 22, 2001
    Canada
    It would be nice... if it didnt suck! Just kidding.

If it had better pickups, no ugly inlay and didnt have his name on the headstock, it would be a nice bass. In my opinion of course.

15. lemonadeisgood

lemonadeisgood

Aug 22, 2001
    Canada
    And also, Puma make some VERY comfortable shoes. ;)

If only I was cool enough to wear them. :( *sigh*

16. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Sad thing is its a nice looking bass. I wonder if this is going to turn out the way it did when Hoppus got his sig. Ya know bashing it to hell and then actually palying it and finding out its a nice bass. I personally dont find the point of signiture stuff, then again I personally dont find the point of Fieldy having a signature bass.

17. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i wear puma's...they're soccer flats, though...not as good as diadora's or adidas samba's, imo...;)

18. I played that bass at NAMM. Very nice bass!!! I really like it. I wouldn't mind the inlays and the such, its really no big deal.
    I also met the infamous Fieldy, and got his autograph. I could hardly keep myself from laughing because he is like 5'2'' and had poofy pig tails! I have pics for you all to laugh at when I develop them...
    I also met Munky and David from Korn....that was cool.

19. i'm extremely dissapointed in the comment made by mr.powerman. how old are you. how long have you been playing bass. how much of a brain do you have. how can you stand korn. the clicky thing is slapping and muting. and that he tunes his bass down so low that it barely makes sound. just, well, your little clicky things. fieldy couldnt touch vic if he practiced every single day for the rest of his life. dont ever come on here with those rediculous comments again man. respect your elders. learn about good music.

20. dude...i believe it's called sarcasm...take it easy...