1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

It's hurricane season again...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by AmazingGracePlayer, Jun 25, 2007.

1. It's hurricane season again, and we are seeing lots of threads being locked on off topic... :( :eyebrow:

Edit: see post #22

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001

Are you saying the two are somehow connected? ... that locked threads in OT are a side effect of say... a RUSSIAN WEATHER MACHINE!!!!!???

3. Diggler

Diggler

Mar 3, 2005
    Western PA
    Hurricane season is a joke... every year it starts on some arbitrary day, and it's going to be the Worst Season Ever!!!!

Just like last year.

How many hurricanes last year, again?

4. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Maybe OT should be closed in an effort to curtail global warming.

5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
  6. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Surfing. Hurricane swells are the best. I can still remember specific swells. Out here on tthe west coast. Hurricane Guilermo was on fire.

7. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Inactive

Jan 29, 2007
    Northern New Jersey
    Endorsing Artist: Red Zone Effects
    You have hurricanes in the Pacific? I thought they were called Typhoons over there?

8. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    hopefully my last! :hyper:

9. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    No. They are called hurricanes. Typoons over near Taiwan and Japan. We pick up swell from hurricanes off of Mexico and we get swells from storms off of eastern New Zealand too.

10. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Inactive

Jan 29, 2007
    Northern New Jersey
    Endorsing Artist: Red Zone Effects
    Typoons? ...poon? Taiwanese and Japanese... :eek: ;) :D

Thanks for the info -- I was taught that hurricanes were in the Atlantic and typhoons were in the Pacific. It seems that, once again, my teachers were talking out of their hats... :(

11. I remember going back to school from our summer vacation and then getting another month off because of the hurricanes during 2005.

12. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Stupid teachers... Hey, wait a second. :eyebrow:

13. Diggler

Diggler

Mar 3, 2005
    Western PA
    It's all about the hemisphere.

14. Im beginning to think its hurricane season all year in Florida.

15. Diggler

Diggler

Mar 3, 2005
    Western PA
    At least you can buy generators and other emergency supplies with no sales tax now.

16. It's not?

17. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Do Warwicks and Ampegs count as emergency supplies.... :ninja: ;)

18. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Inactive

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    yeah, lazy, good for nothing louts! Whats more, they probably spend all of their time posting on internet forums, and this is where their teaching knowledge base comes from! :p ;)

19. Fortuantly, we don't get hurricanes, tornados or typhoons here. Well, actually we do. We just call them cyclones. And they are generally unique to the northern end of our country (the tropics). Even in sub-tropical Brisbane, in living memory, we have only had one that gave us any more than amplified winds and torrential rain, and that was when I was about 10.
    Out of interest, does anyone know if your hurricanes and our cyclones circle in different directions as the water in our toilets do? (actually a serious question!)

20. Diggler

Diggler

Mar 3, 2005
    Western PA
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 22, 2021