1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

It's late, I'm tired, but here goes.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rasrick, Feb 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. How come no 9", 11 ":confused:, 13", 14"or 17" speakers ?

2. my guess is that its more cost efficient to manufacture a few sizes of speakers instead of all shapes and sizes.. and 8 10 12 15 and 18 are just different enough from eachother so that the differences arent too subtle... in other words.. its good enough and not worth the money usually to make more sizes

3. Well said jsingles! still surprised some super boutique hasn't gone wild for even fractional demension sizes with moveable baffles and a hybrid motor to help move it on its own casters.

It's getting late and any self repecting bass player should be out giging somewhere.

4. Masher88

Masher88 Believe in absurdities and you commit atrocities

May 7, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    That's just crazy talk, son!

Everyone knows that using odd sizes defies the laws of nature!

5. They don't defy them as much as have the opposite effect of even " speakers. Odd inch size speakers absorb sound like a audio vacuum cleaner. If you had a high powered amp you could crank up the master and the room would be dead quiet.

6. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ

Time to sell all those 1x15 ad 2x15's! And let's send an update to Phil Jones!

7. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH

For the same reason you can't buy pants off the shelf with a 35", 37" or 39" waist . . . those communist bastards are behind it . . .

8. lefty

lefty

Sep 25, 2004
    i thought the masons were behind it

9. sjb64

sjb64

Aug 2, 2007
    There are some pants available in odd waist sizes. Why not speakers too? This way you can find the perfect size and not have to compromise.

The 11' bass speaker might be the perfect choice for those poor bassist that are torn between using 10's and 12's.

They would probably need to have a 13.5" speaker for other bassist that can't decide between 12's and 15's though.

10. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    Yeah, I think they should sell 7-packs of beer cause it would be like... you know, one more beer.

11. El-Bob

El-Bob Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Hamilton, ON
    I'd use a 1-13.5 paired with a 2X11 :D

12. those weird speakers sizes would all work fine, its just not what they make and its too expensive to do so.

13. Mike Shevlin

Mike Shevlin

Feb 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    The Gap carries pant sizes in 35" & 37". JC Penny carries dress pants in these sizes.
    This thread may inspire a cab maker to make a 4x11" cab with a 7" midrange driver & some oddball tweeter which will cause the largest flood of used 4x10's on the market in bass history. Tom Bowlus & Ken Jung will get the first two.

14. i thought there was a 411 already....?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.