Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

its me again

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by slipknotty, Mar 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello im back and I just want to say a big thank you! (NOT) to all those wankers who didnt the slightest bit help me with my problem and a huge THANK YOU to all those who welcomed me and tried to help me.

THESE ARE SOME OF THE QUESTIONS YOU ASKED ME AWNSERED:
    1.I can spell its just that the other day i was very busy and just wanted some people who were helpful to give me some pointers.
    2.I cant get lessons because the ones at scholl are jam-packed full (in the teachers words) and the only lessons avalible out of school cost £20 per half hour and i cant afford it, and my mum wont pay for it because she says "i wont pay 20 blummin' quid for stupid bass lessons that your just gonna give up in 2 months or summit!" ok??!! does that awnser your question??!!
    3.I would get a book if i could but im skint at the moment because i just brought my guitar and I am in the middle of paying to replace a window I broke. So i thought where could i look for help??!! so i searched and this site came up.
    And it is really,really good and so are some of the people on here but most of you are just stupid fat pigs who should be ashamed of themselves because all I wanted was a bit of help for the above reasons and you cant even be bothered to do that. so from now on only post replies that are helpful or all just get lost and go nag some other hag!
    These forums are ment to be used for helping each other out but it sems you all dont know the maeaning of HELP so this is the definition found in the dictionary:pROVIDE WITH MEANS TOWARDS WHAT IS NEEDED OR SOUGHT, BE OF USE OR SEVICE TO.
    P.S: i'm a she and not a he.;) :cool: :p
    p.p.s:this is my reply to my other thread so if you are confused why i'm annoyed just read that and you will see why.:mad:

2. Wow, you sound like you're really ticked off. I'm not sure what the problem was (with your post and the replies you received), but I don't think that the tone of this thread will get you many 'friends'. Lighten up a bit and hang out for a while. You'll find that most people here are helpful, and that even the helpful ones tend to be sarcastic at times. Nothing personal, I assure you.

3. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    You might want to edit your post before you get banned.

If you have a problem with a member, talk to the member and if you are not satisfied, report it to the moderators. If you have a problem with a moderator, talk to the moderator, then again if you are not satisfied, report it to Paul.

Using profanity will get you banned quick.

4. Ok, I'm back, after having looked at the 'problem' thread. I can see why you might be upset, but I can also see why you were jumped on. Having said that, I tell you what, I'll PM a reply to your 'original' question, and see where it goes from there. The rest of you guys, lighten up! This sounds like it may have been a 'misunderstanding' - I'm not saying that it was, but let's give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

X

..and if you still feel the urge to lash out, click the Salsa tune below and dance your anger away. :) (how's that for a smooth seguey into a shameless plug?)

5. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I'm a stupid fat pig. :D

6. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    I always suspected... ;) It was that crawling around in the mud stuff that gave you away. Perhaps if you got a different day job than professional mud wrestler?

7. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    By the way, for a stupid fat pig, you have a pretty cool signature.

8. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Stupid Fat Pig's can be smart.

Wait...I guess by definition they're not. Ergo, (sp?), my sig is stupid. Bummer.

Thanks anyway.

9. Slipknotty, that edit was a step in the right direction. You're ok! Now, if I could just get off of the phone long enough to send you that PM.

(Later edited) Ok, I'm trying really hard to live up to the image of a Canadian Peacekeeper, but there's only so much I can do. Your Private Messaging functions arer 'Off' in your Profile so I can't PM you Slipknotty.

10. OH SORRY IF IT WAS BUT I JUST ACTIVATED IT SO FEEL FREE TO SEND ME A PM OR WHAT EVER IT IS:D

11. OH MY GOD I SOUND SOOOO FULL OF MYSELF SORRY! YOU ALL RULE TO UNLESS YOU WERE ONE OF THE PEOPLE WHO WERE HORRIBLE TO ME.:cool: SO LETS ALL CHILL AND DRINK SOME BACARDI:p

12. HELLO PEOPLE WHERE ARE YOU ALL??!! IS THERE ONLY LIKE 2 PEOPLE ON THE WHOLE OF THIS SITE SORRY YOU GUYS BUT IT GETS A BIT BORING READING THE SAME PEOPLES VIEWS OVER AND OVER AGAIN SO PEOPLE GET TYPING:D

13. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    please dont use caps. this is not AOL:D

14. I have a bunch of learning stuff in word documents, if you want them let me know and I will email them to you through talkbass.

Later
    Geoff

15. please that would be great dingz2 :D

16. so there is such a thing as a nice person on talkbass:D

17. Oh, I feel so sheepish.... Your PM isn't on yet, but it's my fault. You'll find the option in "Edit Options" as opposed to "Edit Profile" which is where I sent you on a wild goose chase. Apologies.

Here, try the lessons on this site for some help with music reading (symbols and stuff). I refer my young students there all the time -

http://www.libster.com/

18. Slipknotty, you will have to turn on your email in order for me to send you an email. You can see it in the upper header of each post. You can do that in My Talkbass, and them hit Edit Options.

Geoff

19. Well, yes! There are 2 of us (dingz2 & myself), and if you notice, we're both from Canada. :D

20. Nice!!

I like that.

Geoff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.