Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Its My Aniversary (all-most)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by cassanova, Dec 21, 2002.

1. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    I was just kickin back thinkin to myself, I got my 1st bass guitar on Christmas day 1986. This Wednesday will make 16 years to the day I first started playing. Thats longer than some here have been alive and alot less than others here as well.

What really struck me as odd, is in the last 16 years it has been the one and only constant in my life. People and hobbies have come and gone, but this has always been with me. I only wish that I learned the right way then, instead of waiting so long in life to learn all the theory, but oh well, better late than never.

Just felt like sharing that with ya'll

2. Congradulations. Now go practice.:D

Rock on
    Eric

3. i really hope Bob (my bass) and I will be together that long, hes the only thing I care about. tahts really awesome. and happy aniversary!
    peace&plaid
    -shoonk

4. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    i got my first bass guitar christmas day 1991.

of course, it was from sears, but it worked.

5. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    if we make a poll, im pretty sure a significant percentage of TBers had their first bass on Christmas (or after their birthday/ special occassion)

6. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    Colorado
    I bought my first bass back in 1986. It was, and probably still is, a Yamaha BB300. I sold it to buy a g****r which I ended up selling to buy a Yamaha RBX300, which was traded for my Rickenbacker, which is the bass that I've had the longest. I've had my RIC since 1988.

7. kaboom133

kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    congrats, that's almost longer than i've been alive! :eek: and i didn't get mine for christmas or birthday, or any holiday for that matter, i worked all summer to get money ,then went out and bought my bass.