1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

It's my L2000's Birthday. 1 year old.

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by BrentSimons, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Hey Guys,
    This is quite a feat for me since I have been horrible about buying and selling buying and selling.But this bass really is wonderful. I have no intentions of getting rid of it...for now anyway!
    Take Care,
    Brent

2. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    No birthday pics? No cake?

3. fearceol

fearceol

Nov 14, 2006
    Ireland
    Forgive me if I'm thinking of the wrong person here. :bag:

Are you the same person who bought an L2000 on ebay a while back, only to re-sell it a couple of weeks later? If I'm right, then you seem to have a real love/hate relationship going on with G&L. Hopefully, this time you've found your true love. ;)

4. I don't think that was me.

I did however order a custom redburst L2000 a few years ago which was gorgeous but far too heavy for me. I think it was around 11 lbs or something. I struggled with selling it since I had waited so long for it. It was quite disappointing but my shoulder just couldn't take it.That one did go on the 'bay. It's still around here somewhere, I'm not sure who has it now.

But you are correct. I still don't know what to think of G&L's. Sometimes I plug in my L2k expecting to hear Fender tones or Musicman tones. But it really does have a sound all of it's own.I think that might be the problem with some players. Once you get past the fact that it doesn't or isn't going to sound exactly like the other brands that's when you can enjoy it for what it is.I've played many more expensive basses that pale in comparison to this L2K and even now when I stop at a music store and play a new bass I compare it to my L2k. I'm actually a little embarrassed because I specifically ordered it with the single coil option from the factory for a multitude of tones and almost always have it in parallel/passive/both pickups. I think I've turned the preamp on treble boost once or twice just to see if it worked. But yeah I'm pretty smitten with this one.Didn't mean to ramble.
    Pics of my L2K

5. i find that parallel/passive/both is my go to setting. it's kind of dark so i roll the bass back a touch and then bring the walls down with glee...