1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

It's nice to see a RUSH fan in the making(Video contained)

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by FunkHead, Mar 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    I like this dude a lot! He digs Rush and that's good enough for me.

andruca likes this.
  2. FunkHead

Mar 10, 2007
    These guys are digging some YYZ 36 years after its release.

andruca, Joshua and BurnOut like this.
  3. FunkHead

Mar 10, 2007
    More Weaboo. I love this cat!!! I don't know why but This is entertaining as hell for me.

4. FunkHead

Mar 10, 2007
    Wish You were here was/is such a Masterpiece. Weaboo totally gets it. I just dig the looks on his face.

5. FunkHead

Mar 10, 2007
    I don't mind if nobody replies to this thread but I really hope you take a few minutes to follow Weaboo.
    He is friggin cool.

6. Ikons2

Ikons2

Mar 15, 2018
    I've been watching these guys for a while. It's really cool to see that Rush connects with people who normally don't listen to rock or metal. Probably the extremely tight bass/drums combination. The same goes for Metallica. Something about them really clicks with people who normally listen to hip hop.

7. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    I have watched a few of his "reactions"...he can be fun to watch.
    Funny...a lot of his things are Classic Rock. Does he like this stuff? If so, I would like to think he would be better versed in it. I mean, do a little research, read up on some backgrounds, etc.
    He didn't know Rush was from the '70s? Really?

Chicago's "25 Or 6 To 4" (live at Tanglewood with Kath's furious solo)...he liked but seemed surprised they had a horn section? Really?

Deep Purple he seems to like. I think Glenn Hughes' vocals blew him away ("Burn" at the Cali Jam).

Some told him to check out Focus...I kinda expected a more jaw-dropping reaction from him.

8. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999

...and it's not a piano solo!
    :)

9. FunkHead

Mar 10, 2007
    I think Weaboo was maybe used to a different type of music. That's kind of why it's funny to watch him react to Classic Rock.

But I always get the feeling he wishes he had checked it out much sooner.

We tend to dismiss certain Genres for whatever reason and miss out on great music. I often listen to things I never heard played in my household while growing up.....

10. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    He does seem like he is a genuine lover of music.

11. FunkHead

Mar 10, 2007
    I am trying to get him to react to AC/DC. This one should be good.

12. Weaboo’s reaction to that insanely fast bass fill/solo by Geddy Lee in “La Villa Strangiato” had my dying.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    andruca likes this.
  13. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    He had a similar reaction to Geddy's fills from "YYZ" (Live In Rio).

Matthew_84 likes this.
  14. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    I have spent more time that I probably should have watching Weaboo react to music. Pink Floyd Animals was particularly enjoyable.

FunkHead likes this.